Crystal Reports, sub-report question
Author Message
 Crystal Reports, sub-report question

Is possible to sum a value from the main report with another value
from the sub-report?
If yes, how?

In my case, I want to sum the Count() from the main report with the
Count() from the sub-report.

Thank you in advance.

Sun, 02 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports, sub-report question

Quote:

> Is possible to sum a value from the main report with another value
> from the sub-report?
> If yes, how?

> In my case, I want to sum the Count() from the main report with the
> Count() from the sub-report.

> Thank you in advance.

  Pedro,
It is possible, but not very easy.  I had a similar problem recently,
and got the answere from Crystal tech support.  I had to go to their
bulletin board and download a custom function called UFLSTOR.  It comes
in both 16bit and 32bit flavors.  Once I had the proper files I had to
copy them to the correct directories on my drive.

The down side of all of this is that after I went through all of the
trouble, and got the thing to work on my computer I haven't been able to
succesfully distribute the live report to other users.  I have to run it
then print the report for distribution.  Another problem is that it's
very slow.  My report counted the total activity for several regions
then used that as the basis for other calculations for specific events.
The subreport runs once for each region so the whole thing takes about
20 - 30 minutes.

If you still want to try it then you'll want to talk to Crystal
support.  They have a bunch of instructions and some examples to get you
going.

Tony

Fri, 07 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports, sub-report question

Is version 5.0 of Visual Basic any good at doing numerical type
calculations or should one examine Delphi and or C++?  If really
interested in any comparisons that compare calculation speeds.

Thanks
Larry Long

Sun, 09 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports, sub-report question

Or if you want to stick with a Basic language, try powerbasic. Superfast!!!
--
Hope this helps...

Jeffrey Renton
jrenton AT ees DOT enron DOT com

Quote:
> Is version 5.0 of Visual Basic any good at doing numerical type
> calculations or should one examine Delphi and or C++?  If really
> interested in any comparisons that compare calculation speeds.

> Thanks
> Larry Long

Mon, 10 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports, sub-report question

VB5 is fast, but it lies in
its nature that it never will beat C.

If you want to develop programs fast
then take VB5.
If you want to develop faster programs
then take C

Quote:
>Is version 5.0 of Visual Basic any good at doing numerical type
>calculations or should one examine Delphi and or C++?  If really
>interested in any comparisons that compare calculation speeds.

>Thanks
>Larry Long

Tue, 11 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Crystal Reports subreport question

2. vb5 Crystal Reports 6 and Subreports Can we conditionally call subreports from primary reports

3. REports and sub-reports in Crystal Reports

4. Crystal Reports/SQL 2000 - Reporting from a Stored Procedure with multiple selects (for a sub-report)

5. Crystal Reports/SQL 2000 - Reporting from a Stored Procedure with multiple selects (for a sub-report)

6. Crystal Reports - Main/Sub Reports

7. Q: Pass a SQL query from VB to crystal report sub-report

8. sub-report (2 query's ) in crystal reports

9. Sharing Variables between Crystal Report and sub-report

10. Crystal not saving sub report data with report

11. Sub-reports in Crystal Reports 8

12. Crystal Reports & Sub-Reports