NY: Proj Mgr..Visual Basic/Sybase
Author Message
 NY: Proj Mgr..Visual Basic/Sybase

Major Entertainment Firm (Heavy Computer Game presence) seeks Psoject
Managers with experience running large Visual Basic / Sybase projects.
Positions are in midtown Manhattan.
Please note that these are permanent positions with full benefits.

Send all resumes to:
Jason Denmark
Vice President

fax: 718-727-2020

Mon, 15 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 NY: Proj Mgr..Visual Basic/Sybase

I would appreciate any help with the proper use
of this api function!

Here is my attempt that somewhat works but creates problems:

in the module:
Declare Function shellexecute% Lib "shell.dll" (ByVal hwnd%, ByVal
lpszOp$, ByVal lpszFile$, ByVal spszParams$, ByVal lpszDir$, ByVal
fsShowCmd%)

from the form:
Sub Command2_Click ()
fname$ = "mres"
fext$ = "doc"
file$ = fname$ + "." + fext$
drive$ = "d:"
direct$ = "matt"
path$ = drive$ + "\" + direct$
Print shellexecute(form1.hWnd, "Open", file$, "0", path$, True) = 1
End Sub

Thanks!

Matt McTigue

Mon, 15 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 NY: Proj Mgr..Visual Basic/Sybase

fsShowCmd should be one of the SW_xxx constants ...Normal, maximized,
hidden etc., not true.

For the default directory, pass "", not "0".

finally, the calling syntax is

  Dim r
  r = ShellExecute(.....)

If the function succeeds, the return value 'r' is the instance handle
of the application that was run, or the handle of a dynamic data
exchange (DDE) server application. If the function fails, the 'r' is
an error value that is less than or equal to 32.

Tue, 16 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 NY: Proj Mgr..Visual Basic/Sybase

Quote:

> fsShowCmd should be one of the SW_xxx constants ...Normal, maximized,
> hidden etc., not true.

> For the default directory, pass "", not "0".

> finally, the calling syntax is

>   Dim r
>   r = ShellExecute(.....)

> If the function succeeds, the return value 'r' is the instance handle
> of the application that was run, or the handle of a dynamic data
> exchange (DDE) server application. If the function fails, the 'r' is
> an error value that is less than or equal to 32.

Thanks Randy, one more question:

What should be the first thing passed (for the hwnd%) be?

Wed, 17 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 NY: Proj Mgr..Visual Basic/Sybase

Quote:

> > fsShowCmd should be one of the SW_xxx constants ...Normal, maximized,
> > hidden etc., not true.

> > For the default directory, pass "", not "0".

> > finally, the calling syntax is

> >   Dim r
> >   r = ShellExecute(.....)

> > If the function succeeds, the return value 'r' is the instance handle
> > of the application that was run, or the handle of a dynamic data
> > exchange (DDE) server application. If the function fails, the 'r' is
> > an error value that is less than or equal to 32.
> Thanks Randy, one more question:

> What should be the first thing passed (for the hwnd%) be?

Assuming it's being called from a form-level procedure:

Me.hwnd

                                  _ / /_ \_______________________
Tel: (415) 372-6178              |  \  / /                       |
1300 South El Camino Real        |   \/\/                        |
Suite 600                        |                               |
San Mateo, CA 94402              | Cambridge Technology Partners |
Main: (415) 574-3710              -------------------------------
Fax: (415) 372-6200

Sat, 20 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. US-NY-NYC - VB/Sybase - Snr.prog analyst/Proj Manager - major investment bank

2. US-NY-New York City-Visual Basic-MS ACCESS-SQL Server-SYBASE-RDO

3. US-NY-NYC - Visual Basic/Sybase - senior programmer analyst - major investment bank

4. Visual Basic Consultant Needed...NY.NY

5. JOBS: NJ - Proj Mgr, Progammers wanted

6. US-MN-Visual Basic-ClientServer Lead/Proj.Mgrs/Developers

7. VISUAL BASIC PROGRAMMERS - Leading Edge Multimedia Proj

8. Long Island, NY - Visual Basic SIG Metting

9. Visual Basic Openings - NY, NJ

10. Visual Basic Consultants Wanted - NY/NJ

11. US-NY-NYC: Equity Research: Visual Basic, C++ - 00K