Hyperlinks and email addresses..
Author Message
 Hyperlinks and email addresses..

I need some help guys..
I need to be able to include clickable links on my forms.
One more my email address and one for my URL

For the email click it needs to launch the users email program so that they
are ready to compose a message.
For the URL it needs to launch their web browser and go to the URL.

I had the code for this last week..but my ptuer died and I lost it:-(

Also...code to open a web page in a browser for a click button would be
appreciated as well.

THanks,
Andrew
ICQ 650225

Sat, 16 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Hyperlinks and email addresses..

Quote:
>I need some help guys..
>I need to be able to include clickable links on my forms.
>One more my email address and one for my URL

>For the email click it needs to launch the users email program so that they
>are ready to compose a message.
>For the URL it needs to launch their web browser and go to the URL.

To open a URL with your default browser:

'In Declarations:
Private Const SW_SHOWNORMAL = 1

Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias
"ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String,
ByVal lpFile As String, ByVal lpParameters As String, ByVal
lpDirectory As String, ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long

Private Declare Function GetDesktopWindow Lib "user32" () As Long

'Then, to open the URL (stored in sURL) :
 Dim rc as Long
 rc = GetDesktopWindow()
 rc = ShellExecute(rc, "open", sURL, vbNullString, "C:\",
SW_SHOWNORMAL)

 If rc <= 32 Then
    MsgBox "Unable to connect to web site.", vbExclamation
 End If

Hope this helps,
Tom

Sat, 16 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Putting text email addresses into hyperlink fields

2. email-address in hyperlink-field

3. hyperlinks & email addresses

4. Send a email to email-address with netscape ???

5. getting email senders Actual Email address

6. getting email senders actual email address

7. Obtaining email addresses from Global Address List

8. smtp email addresses in the Outlook global address list

9. Sending email to email address rather than that in the To: window

10. Retrieve SMTP email addresses of GAB address entries

11. Extracting an email address from a form email

12. deletes a certain email address from address book