VB + Crystal Reports
Author Message
 VB + Crystal Reports

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if its possible to move columns in Crystal Reports
from Visual Basic ?

I have a report that needs the facility to allow any number of 10 data
columns to be hidden. Those that arent need to be moved across to fill
in the gaps left by the hidden columns.

Also, is it possible to pass an SQL query to CRW from Visual Basic ?
If it is, how ?

Thankyou
Ian

Sat, 05 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB + Crystal Reports

Crystal Reports is more flexible in what will be shown or hidden in
the "horizontal" aspects of reports versus the "vertical" or column
aspects of reports.  So what you want to do is not as easy.

However, the power and flexibility comes from what you are using as
the data source (and not at Crystal Reports itself directly).

If you are using SQL Server for example, then the SQL Select statement
or better still, the stored-procedure should be your "power" tool
to determine what should or should not be included in the data
returned.

Then depending on the commonality or diversity of the possible range
of the data form the various stored-procedures, you design one or
more .RPT files that you can use depending on the data.

Yes, if you are using Crystal Reports Professional 4, 4.5, 5 (I've
never used the version that comes with VB, I never even install
them) from Crystal/Seagate, then you can call stored-procedures
directly from Crystal Reports.

I'm sure many here would answer more specific questions you have
if the above does not cover your situation.

Ho

Quote:

> Hi,

> Can anyone tell me if its possible to move columns in Crystal Reports
> from Visual Basic ?

> I have a report that needs the facility to allow any number of 10 data
> columns to be hidden. Those that arent need to be moved across to fill
> in the gaps left by the hidden columns.

> Also, is it possible to pass an SQL query to CRW from Visual Basic ?
> If it is, how ?

> Thankyou
> Ian

Sun, 06 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB/Crystal Report app for a time/talent survey

2. VB - Crystal Report Books, refs or anything, I'm desperate

3. Converting VB/Crystal Reports -> Access

4. VB Crystal Reports Question

5. Help with VB/Crystal Reports

6. VB - Crystal Report Books, refs or anything, I'm desperate

7. Help! Problem using VB Crystal Reports

8. Learning VB: Crystal Report??

9. VB/Crystal Reports/MS Word/OLE problem

10. A VB, Crystal Reports Question

11. The way VB/Crystal report use an Access DB

12. The way VB/Crystal report use an Access DB