Reinitiate printersettings after changing registry
Author Message
 Reinitiate printersettings after changing registry

Hi,

I have written a little prog that changes the paper orientation in the
registry for the printer. Therefore I use the
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\HP
LaserJet 4L\Default DevMode" key from the registry (on NT4). Somewhere in
there, there is a bit that sets the paperorientation. But if I change it (I
check if it is really changed -> oke), this has no effect at all. If I look
for the settings in Printers/Document Defaults the paperorientation is
unchanged.

I read on a number of places that you should send a sort of a notification
broadcast to all programs to let them know you changed something. But I have
nowhere seen any code/command that does this.

Does anyone knows about this problem? Is there a solution besides leaving
the registry untouched?

I really need to use the registry because the settings I make aren't used in
my program but in all windows programs (default settings for all apps).

Please some feedback.

Thankyou

Bart Vanden Driessche.

Thu, 10 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Reinitiate printersettings after changing registry

2. Changing printersettings in the registry

3. Cr.NET and CrystalReportviewer - Change Printersettings

4. Need help with printersettings

5. programm printersettings?

6. Trying to copy devmode out of PrinterSettings

7. Need help with reading printersettings papersources

8. BUG: PrintDialog.PrinterSettings.Copies/HP Driver

9. HELP printersettings

10. PrinterSettings in WinNT and Win95

11. Calling Registry.LocalMachine, Registry.CurrentUser by Registry.regHive?

12. Change Registry Setting? (MVP)