Pause, Delay, Wait, or Sleep Function
Author Message
 Pause, Delay, Wait, or Sleep Function

Quote:
> Does anyone know of a Pause, Delay, Wait, or Sleep function (or
> equivalent code) in VB?

Check out the sleep function if using win 95 or NT:

     Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long)

                            Endless Knot Enterprises
                      Custom Computer Solution Developers
                        http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~endlessknot

Mon, 14 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Pause, Delay, Wait, or Sleep Function

Quote:

> Does anyone know of a Pause, Delay, Wait, or Sleep function (or
> equivalent code) in VB?

Win *32* API:
Sleep, SleepEx

<snip>

Quote:
> I keep getting a "File not found" error, even when I path right to
> the file... i.e. "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TOOLHELP.DLL".  The file is
> there.

It's a 16 bit file. You can't call 16-bit DLLs from 32 bit VB (without a
lot of hassle, that is).

N Varacalli
--
The views expressed herein do not represent the views of my employer.

The Address in the header is mangled, delete appropriately.

To reach me via e-mail, try (replacing stars with dots)
NICHOLAS_VARACALLI at non-hp-Canada-om1*om*hp*com

Mon, 14 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Wait/sleep/pause function

2. Wait/sleep/pause function

3. sleep/wait/delay

4. Delay, Sleep or Wait

5. pause/sleep/wait?

6. Sleep, Wait, Pause

7. Sleep, Pause, Wait

8. Sleep, Wait, Pause

9. Pausing/Delaying/Waiting script excution

10. Sleep / Wait function ??

11. Sleep / Wait Function

12. Sleep() or Wait() function in VBScript?