How to show diffenent texts in Title Bar and Windows Task Bar
Author Message
 How to show diffenent texts in Title Bar and Windows Task Bar

With the .Caption property I can set the text in the Title Bar (e.x.
My_Form.Caption = "My Software [licensed]".
If I start my program you can automatically see the same text in the Windows
Task Bar.

Is there any possibility to show in the Windows Task Bar a different text
(e.x. only "My Software")

Stefan

Sat, 26 Nov 2005 03:26:45 GMT
 How to show diffenent texts in Title Bar and Windows Task Bar

Quote:

>With the .Caption property I can set the text in the Title Bar (e.x.
>My_Form.Caption = "My Software [licensed]".
>If I start my program you can automatically see the same text in the Windows
>Task Bar.

>Is there any possibility to show in the Windows Task Bar a different text
>(e.x. only "My Software")

>Stefan

Try something like the following:

Private Sub Form_Resize()
If Me.WindowState = vbMinimized Then
    Me.Caption = "Minimized" 'Or what ever you want here'
Else
    Me.Caption = "Not Minimized" 'Or what ever you want here'
End If
End Sub

Have a good day...

Don

Sat, 26 Nov 2005 04:10:40 GMT
 How to show diffenent texts in Title Bar and Windows Task Bar
May not be pretty or elegant.  Somewhat of a quick little kludge...

2 forms - Form1 and Form2

   <Form 1>
Private Sub Form_Load()
    Me.Left = Screen.Width + Me.Width   ' Hide off screen
    Me.Top = Screen.Height + Me.Height
    Show
    Form2.Show 1   ' Show as a modal form
    Unload Me   ' Executes after Form2 unloads
End Sub

   <Form 2>
Private Sub Form_Load()
    Form1.Caption = "Tada!"
End Sub

This will only work if Form1 is NOT a modal form, and if you don't
need to show another modal form from Form2.

Quote:

> With the .Caption property I can set the text in the Title Bar (e.x.
> My_Form.Caption = "My Software [licensed]".
> If I start my program you can automatically see the same text in the Windows
> Task Bar.

> Is there any possibility to show in the Windows Task Bar a different text
> (e.x. only "My Software")

> Stefan

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 02:05:39 GMT
 How to show diffenent texts in Title Bar and Windows Task Bar
On 10/8/2002 you asked (literal) the same quesrtion.

I think Mike Hill gave you the best answer.

In case you lost it, it's at:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=nl&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=fce...

Johan.

Quote:
> With the .Caption property I can set the text in the Title Bar (e.x.
> My_Form.Caption = "My Software [licensed]".
> If I start my program you can automatically see the same text in the
Windows
> Task Bar.

> Is there any possibility to show in the Windows Task Bar a different text
> (e.x. only "My Software")

> Stefan

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 04:54:09 GMT
 How to show diffenent texts in Title Bar and Windows Task Bar
Hi Johan

Sorry that I've reposted the same question, but I'm still hoping to get an
"official way" because Mike's solution is quite complicated to implement and
is a kind of a workaround.
I've seen applications which show different texts in the Title Bar and the
Task Bar and therefore I think there must by an "official way". Or am I
wrong?

Stefan

Quote:
> On 10/8/2002 you asked (literal) the same quesrtion.

> I think Mike Hill gave you the best answer.

> In case you lost it, it's at:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=nl&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=fce...
5fb56f&seekm=3DA3CDF7.AC9BE36C%40yahoo.com#link3
Quote:

> Johan.

> > With the .Caption property I can set the text in the Title Bar (e.x.
> > My_Form.Caption = "My Software [licensed]".
> > If I start my program you can automatically see the same text in the
> Windows
> > Task Bar.

> > Is there any possibility to show in the Windows Task Bar a different
text
> > (e.x. only "My Software")

> > Stefan

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 07:00:53 GMT
 How to show diffenent texts in Title Bar and Windows Task Bar
Hello BeastFish

Thanks a lot for your solution. I appreciate it very much.
With your restrictions it really works great!
But unfortunately my form 1 is a modal form and I also call several other
modal forms.

Stefan

Quote:
> May not be pretty or elegant.  Somewhat of a quick little kludge...

> 2 forms - Form1 and Form2

>    <Form 1>
> Private Sub Form_Load()
>     Me.Left = Screen.Width + Me.Width   ' Hide off screen
>     Me.Top = Screen.Height + Me.Height
>     Show
>     Form2.Show 1   ' Show as a modal form
>     Unload Me   ' Executes after Form2 unloads
> End Sub

>    <Form 2>
> Private Sub Form_Load()
>     Form1.Caption = "Tada!"
> End Sub

> This will only work if Form1 is NOT a modal form, and if you don't
> need to show another modal form from Form2.

> > With the .Caption property I can set the text in the Title Bar (e.x.
> > My_Form.Caption = "My Software [licensed]".
> > If I start my program you can automatically see the same text in the
Windows
> > Task Bar.

> > Is there any possibility to show in the Windows Task Bar a different
text
> > (e.x. only "My Software")

> > Stefan

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 07:04:53 GMT
 How to show diffenent texts in Title Bar and Windows Task Bar
Hi Don

Thanks for your reply, but I guess you misunderstood my question.
I'd like to show different texts in the Titel Bar and the Task Bar at the
same time.

Stefan

Quote:
> On Mon, 9 Jun 2003 21:26:45 +0200, "Stefan Mueller"

> >With the .Caption property I can set the text in the Title Bar (e.x.
> >My_Form.Caption = "My Software [licensed]".
> >If I start my program you can automatically see the same text in the
Windows
> >Task Bar.

> >Is there any possibility to show in the Windows Task Bar a different text
> >(e.x. only "My Software")

> >Stefan

> Try something like the following:

> Private Sub Form_Resize()
> If Me.WindowState = vbMinimized Then
>     Me.Caption = "Minimized" 'Or what ever you want here'
> Else
>     Me.Caption = "Not Minimized" 'Or what ever you want here'
> End If
> End Sub

> Have a good day...

> Don

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 07:06:56 GMT

1. How to show diffenent Texts in Title Bar and Windows Task Bar

2. Show icon on task bar w/o Title bar

3. Force the task bar to show title when the form caption is empty

4. Change Font in title bar of mdi child/Hide title bar

5. Change Font in title bar of mdi child/Hide title bar

6. Getting title-less form into task bar

7. CR5 title in task bar

8. Title a form in task bar which have no caption

9. Height of Menu Bar and Title Bar

10. Q: Removing title bar and/or Menu bar from a window

11. Geometry Management: determining border, title bar, menu bar width

12. Hide title bar and still show app name in taskbar - how