Where do I find explanation about classes I can use from VB
Author Message
 Where do I find explanation about classes I can use from VB

I have been writing VB for couple of months by now.
I have found recently that there are ways to reuse good code by using
objects. People from this newsgroup have recommended to me the
following:

'A018 name
str1 = mb_name.Text
With wrdDocument
        .Content.Find.Execute FINDTEXT:="A018", REPLACEWITH:=str1,
Replace:=wdReplaceAll
End With

This will find a tag "A018" in the microsoft document and replace it.
This is great. I am sure there are more usefull things, and other type
of objects, not just Microsoft Word, but anyway, How do I know which
facilities of MICROSOFT WORD I can use?

Where is the decription of all the Microsoft Word functions I can use
from my VB program?

What about other usefull applications (e.g. NOTEPAD) ?

I am missing these things . Where VB programmer looks for it?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Where do I find explanation about classes I can use from VB
These applications expose interfaces through a Microsoft technology called
COM (Component Object Model) that allows a "component" to be used by,
supposedly, any program written in any language, assuming it supports such
things as function pointers, but VB programmers don't have to worry about
the workings of COM since it is done behind the scenes by VB.

If you want documentation of a COM component, you have to get it from
whoever made it. Microsoft provides documentation for Word's COM objects in
the MSDN library. This is available free from Microsoft's web site at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp

As for Notepad, that doesn't use COM. It gets by using the standard windows
edit control (textbox to us VB programmers).

Jason Bouzane

Quote:
> I have been writing VB for couple of months by now.
> I have found recently that there are ways to reuse good code by using
> objects. People from this newsgroup have recommended to me the
> following:

> 'A018 name
> str1 = mb_name.Text
> With wrdDocument
>         .Content.Find.Execute FINDTEXT:="A018", REPLACEWITH:=str1,
> Replace:=wdReplaceAll
> End With

> This will find a tag "A018" in the microsoft document and replace it.
> This is great. I am sure there are more usefull things, and other type
> of objects, not just Microsoft Word, but anyway, How do I know which
> facilities of MICROSOFT WORD I can use?

> Where is the decription of all the Microsoft Word functions I can use
> from my VB program?

> What about other usefull applications (e.g. NOTEPAD) ?

> I am missing these things . Where VB programmer looks for it?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Has anyone done a yEnc class for VB?

2. Where can I find DLL's explanations

3. WHERE TO FIND EXPLANATION OF WIN API'S

4. line graph in vb (canned routine)

5. 'Canned' data in VB program

6. VB6 App exits without explanation when using DESKTOPTODEVICE

7. Find out if somebody make an instance of a Class without having access to the Class

8. Doing a data search using VB 3.0?

9. Doing AbstractFactory using VB's Implements Keyword?

10. Structured storage - done it using VB?

11. Detect multiple IP using VB. Almost done except ...

12. Where to find all VB.NET classes ?