OpenFile Not work in exe but works in VB run
Author Message
 OpenFile Not work in exe but works in VB run

I've concluded the code of a small application and it contains the file
dialog component add-in. When I'm "inside"  VB, the Open File, Save, and
SaveAs work as expected. (I set the default filename to app.path)

But when I compiled the code to an .exe double clickable, the Open Command
and Save command only "wink" the application name on the title bar and the
open file dialog window (or Save dialog window) does not appear.

Any idea what might be going on?

Thanks,

Paul

Mon, 17 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 OpenFile Not work in exe but works in VB run
Answering my own post because it seems to problem only occurs when the app
is at a "drive' level. In my case it was on a floppy. When I moved it to My
Documents on the C drive, it worked fine. Looks like the common dialog
want's something after myDrive:\

----------

Quote:
> I've concluded the code of a small application and it contains the file
> dialog component add-in. When I'm "inside"  VB, the Open File, Save, and
> SaveAs work as expected. (I set the default filename to app.path)

> But when I compiled the code to an .exe double clickable, the Open Command
> and Save command only "wink" the application name on the title bar and the
> open file dialog window (or Save dialog window) does not appear.

> Any idea what might be going on?

> Thanks,

> Paul

Mon, 17 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Why DCOM ActiveX Exe is Working and ActiveX Dll is not working

2. ActiveX not working with MSAccess97, works with VB

3. SQL string not works in VB and works in Access 2000

4. My OLE DLL works in EXE but not in VB Development environment

5. VB 3.0 EXE does not work on NT 3.5.1

6. works in VB, but not as an .EXE!

7. works in VB, but not as an .EXE!

8. VB Program works in .exe but not in Design

9. VB exe not working on Windows 2000 (Please need help)

10. Date do not work when run in the VB

11. ActiveX-Exe: .Value=True doesn't work while direct click on button works

12. Date() not working, time() and Now() do work