ODBC/ActiveX/DAO Question & bug
Author Message
 ODBC/ActiveX/DAO Question & bug

Using VB5 pro, I got the following error message:
   "ActiveX component can't create object.  Error 429"

I've registered my database in ODBC 32.  Here's my code

    Dim db As rdoConnection
    Dim rs As rdoResultset
    Dim sSql As String

    Set db = rdoEngine.rdoEnvironments(0).OpenConnection("CSS_INV")

Someone knows what's wrong?

Thank you

Fri, 26 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ODBC/ActiveX/DAO Question & bug
This is, like, too much of a coincidence.  I'm getting the same
error trying to get a DB connection on a NT server, and tried Jet
connections, ODBC connections, and can't establish a DBEngine.Workspace.
Just today I found #429 to be listed as a bug under microsoft support,
see

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q185/1/26.asp

(I just posted this question to the (unnamed) commercial server support.
 You wouldn't be associated with them? Naa...)

I am using VB5 Pro compiled on Win95 and uploaded to an NT machine, but
it works on other NT servers (and Win95).  MS says the problem is that
the Active X server is registered within a path that can be mistaken,
especially if the path has spaces, like c:\program\yadda versus
c:\program files\yadda. So MS claims.  But neither you nor I seem to be
running through Active X, and I have not needed to manually register the
VB executables in the past. My best guess is that the machine is missing
the vbjet32.dll, but I am far from an expert on all DLLs.

- Doug

Quote:

> Using VB5 pro, I got the following error message:
>    "ActiveX component can't create object.  Error 429"

> I've registered my database in ODBC 32.  Here's my code

>     Dim db As rdoConnection
>     Dim rs As rdoResultset
>     Dim sSql As String

>     Set db = rdoEngine.rdoEnvironments(0).OpenConnection("CSS_INV")

> Someone knows what's wrong?

> Thank you

Fri, 26 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ODBC/ActiveX/DAO Question & bug
Hi.
You need to package a CAB file that will include your
OCX control and some other DLL's such as VB runtime
objects and procedures, OLE Automation, RDO libraries
and possibly more (depends on what controls you are using)
Basically the problem is in missing DLL's and you need
to provide them to the client in order for your OCX to
run correctly.
Roman

Quote:

> This is, like, too much of a coincidence.  I'm getting the same
> error trying to get a DB connection on a NT server, and tried Jet
> connections, ODBC connections, and can't establish a
DBEngine.Workspace.
> Just today I found #429 to be listed as a bug under microsoft support,
> see

> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q185/1/26.asp

> (I just posted this question to the (unnamed) commercial server
support.
>  You wouldn't be associated with them? Naa...)

> I am using VB5 Pro compiled on Win95 and uploaded to an NT machine,
but
> it works on other NT servers (and Win95).  MS says the problem is that
> the Active X server is registered within a path that can be mistaken,
> especially if the path has spaces, like c:\program\yadda versus
> c:\program files\yadda. So MS claims.  But neither you nor I seem to
be
> running through Active X, and I have not needed to manually register
the
> VB executables in the past. My best guess is that the machine is
missing
> the vbjet32.dll, but I am far from an expert on all DLLs.

> - Doug

> > Using VB5 pro, I got the following error message:
> >    "ActiveX component can't create object.  Error 429"

> > I've registered my database in ODBC 32.  Here's my code

> >     Dim db As rdoConnection
> >     Dim rs As rdoResultset
> >     Dim sSql As String

> >     Set db = rdoEngine.rdoEnvironments(0).OpenConnection("CSS_INV")

> > Someone knows what's wrong?

> > Thank you

> > --== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==--
> > ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access 2000, Dao 3.6 & dbgrid bug

2. DAO Queries & ODBC

3. Project98 OLE & VB: bugs, bugs, bugs

4. Question on ODBC Connection with DAO

5. Question on ODBC, Remote Data objects and DAO

6. RDO/DAO/ODBC Documentation Question

7. DAO/ODBC Insert Question

8. More DAO/ODBC update questions

9. More DAO/ODBC update questions

10. *&*&*&* Date math question *&*&*&*

11. ActiveX menu & Winword ODBC Driver

12. ODBC Error: Oracle7.2, ODBC, VB4.0, DAO, Jet 3.0