Problem Installing 32-bit app on Winnt 3.51
Author Message
 Problem Installing 32-bit app on Winnt 3.51

I have recently finished writing a 32-bit program, at least I thought I
had, that I want to run on a NT 3.51 server. I used the Setup Wizard to
create the installation diskettes and the program installs just fine on NT
4.0 and Windows 95. However, when I try to install it on a NT 3.51 server
it gives me the message "Unexpected error" and then it terminates the setup
process.

I've tried this same installation process on 2 different NT 3.51 servers
and I've received the same message on both. Please let me know if this is a
problem with a fix and, if possible, what that fix would be. If I have to
convert the program to a 16-bit app, I will but I don't want to if I don't
have to.

Thanks

Sun, 25 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem Installing 32-bit app on Winnt 3.51

Quote:
>I have recently finished writing a 32-bit program, at least I thought I
>had, that I want to run on a NT 3.51 server. I used the Setup Wizard to
>create the installation diskettes and the program installs just fine on NT
>4.0 and Windows 95. However, when I try to install it on a NT 3.51 server
>it gives me the message "Unexpected error" and then it terminates the setup
>process.

>I've tried this same installation process on 2 different NT 3.51 servers
>and I've received the same message on both. Please let me know if this is a
>problem with a fix and, if possible, what that fix would be. If I have to
>convert the program to a 16-bit app, I will but I don't want to if I don't
>have to.

>Thanks

I don't have a solution, but a similar problem... :)
I made a 32 bits application under win95 and I tried to install it on
a WIN NT 3.51, using the setup wizard. I used VB 4.0 and it was
impossible to install it, because "Wrong DLL is runnig".
I'd like to know what can I do to install it on NT3.51 and if the
32-bits setup wizard is compatible 100% with NT 3.51 32bits.
Thank you in advance.

             Mihai Tanasoiu, Student
              Eurinsa, Insa de Lyon
                     FRANCE

Sun, 25 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Floating Point in VB4 32 under WinNT 3.51

2. Help on reducing VB 4.0 32 bit overhead running under Win NT 3.51

3. Calling 32-bit DLL function from 32-bit VB4 app

4. Launching 16-Bit apps from 32-Bit app?

5. Need help calling 16-bit app from 32-bit app

6. Executing a 16 bit app from a 32 bit app

7. OC25.DLL error when installing 32 bit app

8. Problems with installing VB 4 32 bit Professional

9. Problem installing VB4 32-bit

10. Problem Installing VB4.0 32 bit.

11. 32 bit app / 16 bit DB

12. Desperate for help Converting 16 bit app to 32 bit