Request help with VB5 and Web Applications
Author Message
 Request help with VB5 and Web Applications

I have been having some difficulty taking examples, straight out of books,
and getting them to work.  The examples are on the creation of a very simple
application for the web.

For instance, if the application was to push a button and have "Hello World"
be printed in a text box, I can get it to work fine on my machine, but when
I follow the steps to place it in an area where another individual could
access it from their machine, nothing in the example seems to work.

I generate a .HTM and .CAB file, and have been instructed to place both in
the root web area.  The .HTM sources the .CAB, which is supposed to download
the necessary files, and then run the .VBD file.

So, what I am looking for is someone kind enough to take some offline time
to step me through this process successfully, with a simple application.

Thanks in advance...
Tony Mosconi

Mon, 04 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Request help with VB5 and Web Applications

Quote:
>I have been having some difficulty taking examples, straight out of books,
>and getting them to work.  The examples are on the creation of a very
simple
>application for the web.

>For instance, if the application was to push a button and have "Hello
World"
>be printed in a text box, I can get it to work fine on my machine, but when
>I follow the steps to place it in an area where another individual could
>access it from their machine, nothing in the example seems to work.

>I generate a .HTM and .CAB file, and have been instructed to place both in
>the root web area.  The .HTM sources the .CAB, which is supposed to
download
>the necessary files, and then run the .VBD file.

>So, what I am looking for is someone kind enough to take some offline time
>to step me through this process successfully, with a simple application.

>Thanks in advance...
>Tony Mosconi

I don't know if the files are in the right place, but if they are, try
changing the .VBD extension to .BIN. Also make sure the .BIN file is
referenced in your HTML, in place of the .VBD file.

Dave

Mon, 04 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Request help with VB5 and Web Applications
On Thu, 17 Dec 1998 14:52:53 -0500, "Anthony G. Mosconi"

Quote:

>I have been having some difficulty taking examples, straight out of books,

Tony, as a matter of interest, what books are these? I may have a
similar task to do soon.

Thanks.

Herbie

Mon, 04 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Request help with VB5 and Web Applications
One book which I couldn't seem to get the example to work in was the Special
Edition Using Visual Basic 5 by Que Corp.

Everything seemed to work, but when I went to another computer and linked to
the .HTM file, nothing worked like the example said it would.  Very
frustrating!

Quote:

>On Thu, 17 Dec 1998 14:52:53 -0500, "Anthony G. Mosconi"

>>I have been having some difficulty taking examples, straight out of books,

>Tony, as a matter of interest, what books are these? I may have a
>similar task to do soon.

>Thanks.

>Herbie

Fri, 08 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Web site tutorial request and request for CMCTL198.CHM

2. Request for help with an application problem

3. VB5 application in Web Browser

4. Need more Request.QueryString and Request.Form help

5. VB Web applications, web based controls

6. VB Web applications, web based controls

7. HELP!: using Word.Application to copy content FROM WORD to HTML Web Page

8. Please Help, databinding VB Asp.Net Web application(not datagrid)

9. Web Application or Local Application? Comments welcome

10. VB.NET: Steps for Converting a Windows .NET Application to a Web .NET Application

11. Transform a Microsoft Access Application to a Web Application

12. Web application - please help