Windows Keys to Mix/Max Form (window)
Author Message
 Windows Keys to Mix/Max Form (window)

Can you tell me the shortcut keys in Windows to min/max a form?

I want to send the "minimize yourself" sequence to ProgMan using
SendKeys[] method when I start my app and the maximize it again when
the app terminates. Its a way to put my app on the wallpaper without
other programs showing thru.

I've gone thru a ton of windows books looking for them. I know they're
there...I've seen it once but since gave away the book.

Thanks!

Rich

Tue, 16 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows Keys to Mix/Max Form (window)

Look at the ShowWindow() API.

George

Quote:
>Can you tell me the shortcut keys in Windows to min/max a form?
>I want to send the "minimize yourself" sequence to ProgMan using
>SendKeys[] method when I start my app and the maximize it again when
>the app terminates. Its a way to put my app on the wallpaper without
>other programs showing thru.
>I've gone thru a ton of windows books looking for them. I know they're
>there...I've seen it once but since gave away the book.
>Thanks!
>Rich

 George R. Torralba              xxxxxxxxxxxx                  Batang Cebu!!!
 Seattle, Washington             206.241.2801              MIME mail accepted

Tue, 16 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows Keys to Mix/Max Form (window)

Quote:
>Subject: Windows Keys to Mix/Max Form (window)

>Can you tell me the shortcut keys in Windows to min/max a form?
>I want to send the "minimize yourself" sequence to ProgMan using
>SendKeys[] method when I start my app and the maximize it again when
>the app terminates. Its a way to put my app on the wallpaper without
>other programs showing thru.

if you want sendkeys, you need to appactivate the program manager, send
alt-space and then n or x to minimize or maximize respectively..

you could also probably do an API call to minimize the progman (I believe
this is possible).. Also, since not everyone is using the progman, you
should see if it's possible to do through DDE as most 'respectable'
progman replacements understand the progman DDE.

Finally, if all you want to do is to keep your window over the desktop,
why not just do an API call to set your app to always on bottom?

Tue, 16 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows Keys to Mix/Max Form (window)

(David Aronson) threw this at us:

Quote:
>Try using:
>  Alt-Space R = Restore
>  Alt-Space N = Minimize
>  Alt-Space X = Maximize

This will fall over on other languages than English and American.

Alt+Space+Enter = Restore
Alt+Space+3 Down+Enter = Minimize
Alt+Space+4 Down+Enter = Maximize

Jens
--
* Everything I said are the opinions of someone else.   *
* I just cut-and-pasted.                                *

Jens Balchen jr.       http://www.sn.no/~balchen

Wed, 17 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows Keys to Mix/Max Form (window)
To Minimize / Maximize windows using SendKeys:

Try using:
  Alt-Space R = Restore
  Alt-Space N = Minimize
  Alt-Space X = Maximize

David

Quote:

>Subject: Re: Windows Keys to Mix/Max Form (window)
>Date: Fri, 29 Dec 1995 01:33:00 GMT
>Look at the ShowWindow() API.
>George

>>Can you tell me the shortcut keys in Windows to min/max a form?
>>I want to send the "minimize yourself" sequence to ProgMan using
>>SendKeys[] method when I start my app and the maximize it again when
>>the app terminates. Its a way to put my app on the wallpaper without
>>other programs showing thru.
>>I've gone thru a ton of windows books looking for them. I know they're
>>there...I've seen it once but since gave away the book.
>>Thanks!
>>Rich

> George R. Torralba              xxxxxxxxxxxx                  Batang Cebu!!!
> Seattle, Washington             206.241.2801              MIME mail accepted

Wed, 17 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Mixing Text and Ink/Drawing on Windows Forms

2. Launch Windows form, from a Windows Service Application

3. VB 6.0 windows form not displaying properly in windows server 2008

4. Windows NT Users form a Windows 95 / 98 Client

5. Resizing Windows - Min and Max

6. Resizing Windows - Min and Max

7. Resizing Windows - Min and Max

8. max. the windows after shell command

9. Animated Windows when Max/Min

10. ?Listing open child windows on a Window submenu on MDI form

11. Windows Forms to ASPX Web forms?

12. exception on form.show (vb.Net windows forms)