Accessing eBay w/ internet transfer control
Author Message
 Accessing eBay w/ internet transfer control

For the life of me, I can seem to get this to work.  I'm trying to log into
the "My eBay" page using the internet transfer control in VB6, SP4.  My plan
is to allow the users of my application to enter their eBay user ID and
password, then have the application log into the My eBay page and pull off
some relevant account information for processing.

For those of you who are not eBay users, the URL for the My eBay login page
is:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

I am using Inet1.Execute, then sending the login URL, "POST", and then the
required parameteres (at least as I see them).  No matter what I try, I keep
being told by eBay that I hadn't entered in the correct parameters.  It
didn't work with just the user ID and password, so I looked more closely at
the html and found a bunch of hidden inputs.  I added these, as well, but to
no avail.  I am beginning to think there is no way to access this cgi server
through this control, and I'm going to have to come up with a much more
awkward solution.

For the record, here is an example of one of the commands I tried, which
takes account of all the hidden inputs in the login page.

Inet1.Execute " http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;,
"POST", _
    "MfcISAP=MyEbay&userid=fakename&pass=hidden _
    &first=Y&dayssince=2&sellerSort=3&bidderSort=3&watchSort=3"

Sun, 20 Jul 2003 07:37:54 GMT

1. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII transfer Help?

2. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII transfer Help?

3. Internet Transfer Control stalls transfer abruptly

4. Setting transfer type in Internet Transfer Control

5. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII transfer Help?

6. HOWTO: Securely transfer a file using the Internet Transfer Control

7. Proxy access with Internet transfer control

8. Internet Transfer Control Access Violation

9. Access 97 and Internet Transfer Control

10. Internet Transfer Control "Access Denied"

11. : accessing non-anonymous FTP servers with VB5 internet transfer control

12. Internet Internet Transfer control