Passing parameters to Seagate Crystal Reports 8
Author Message
 Passing parameters to Seagate Crystal Reports 8

Can someone please explain to me how I can pass information from within
Visual Basic code into Crystal Reports.

I want to print a record with details and a picture of a person, selected on
a form in Visual Basic.  Is it possible to do this with Crystal Reports
parameters, but instead the parameters are asked for when opening the
report, they are passed through by Visual Basic?

Many thanks and greetings from Brugge (Bruges - Belgium),

Michel

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Passing parameters to Seagate Crystal Reports 8
You can use the Data Environment to establish commands (which in turn feed
the reports). In the command object properties, open up the SQL builder, and
in the criteria column of the needed values enter a ?. This tells the
command to look for input. Define your parameters in the parameter
section...and your off to the races. When you need to open up this report
simply call the command using the following syntax...
DataEnvironmentName.CommandName (Passed Variable1, Passed Variable 2,
etc...etc)
Load DataReport
DataReport.Show
DataEnvironment.Connection.Close
"Professional Databases With VB6" by Wrox Press has been an invaluable
resource in this area.....highly recommended.

Good Luck
Curt

Quote:
> Can someone please explain to me how I can pass information from within
> Visual Basic code into Crystal Reports.

> I want to print a record with details and a picture of a person, selected
on
> a form in Visual Basic.  Is it possible to do this with Crystal Reports
> parameters, but instead the parameters are asked for when opening the
> report, they are passed through by Visual Basic?

> Many thanks and greetings from Brugge (Bruges - Belgium),

> Michel

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Passing Parameters from C# to Crystal Report / Crystal Report Viewer

2. Different between VB's Crystal Report and Seagate Crystal Report

3. Passing parameters to a report in Crystal Reports 6

4. Crystal Reports 4.5 to Seagate Crystal Info 6.0 API

5. Cross-tab reports in Seagate Crystal Reports

6. parameter passing to Crystal Reports 9

7. Passing parameters to crystal report

8. Passing a parameter to Crystal Reports

9. How do you pass parameters from VB 5 to crystal reports

10. Passing parameters to Crystal Reports

11. Passing Parameters to Crystal Report 5.0 (Stored Procedure Query )

12. Passing parameter to Crystal Reports