OK you beginners, here's your chance to help this beginner
Author Message
 OK you beginners, here's your chance to help this beginner

Rank beginner question:
I have Form1 with a menu.  I want form2 to appear when a
menu option is chosen.  In Form1 click( ) of the menu item,
what code makes form1 go away to be replaced  with form2 ?

Thanks in advance
Don Huber

Fri, 21 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 OK you beginners, here's your chance to help this beginner

Isn't this what help files are for????
Try
  Form1.Hide
  Form2.Show

Quote:

>Rank beginner question:
>I have Form1 with a menu.  I want form2 to appear when a
>menu option is chosen.  In Form1 click( ) of the menu item,
>what code makes form1 go away to be replaced  with form2 ?

>Thanks in advance
>Don Huber

Fri, 21 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 OK you beginners, here's your chance to help this beginner

Quote:

> Rank beginner question:
> I have Form1 with a menu.  I want form2 to appear when a
> menu option is chosen.  In Form1 click( ) of the menu item,
> what code makes form1 go away to be replaced  with form2 ?

Form1.Hide
Form2.Show

Simple, eh?

- Steve G

Fri, 21 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 OK you beginners, here's your chance to help this beginner

Quote:
> Rank beginner question:
> I have Form1 with a menu.  I want form2 to appear when a
> menu option is chosen.  In Form1 click( ) of the menu item,
> what code makes form1 go away to be replaced  with form2 ?

> Thanks in advance
> Don Huber

The easiest way to do this is:

sub menu_Click()
        Form1.hide
        Form2.show
end sub

If you want something better, you can try this:

sub menu_Click()
        Form1.hide
        form2.left=form1.left
        form2.top=form1.top
        form2.width=form1.width
        form2.height=form1.height
        Form2.show 1
end sub

sub form2_terminate()
        form2.hide
        form1.show
        form2.unload
end sub

And when you click the option on the menu, you will see the form2 in the
same position and size than form1 :-).
After use the form2, the form1 is showed.
The One (1) after the show command is for modal mode (you can review it in
the help).

                                                        ALvaro

Fri, 21 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 OK you beginners, here's your chance to help this beginner

form2.show
form1.hide

-David

Quote:

>Rank beginner question:
>I have Form1 with a menu.  I want form2 to appear when a
>menu option is chosen.  In Form1 click( ) of the menu item,
>what code makes form1 go away to be replaced  with form2 ?

>Thanks in advance
>Don Huber

Fri, 21 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 OK you beginners, here's your chance to help this beginner

form1.hide
form2.show

Peter

Quote:
>Rank beginner question:
>I have Form1 with a menu.  I want form2 to appear when a
>menu option is chosen.  In Form1 click( ) of the menu item,
>what code makes form1 go away to be replaced  with form2 ?

>Thanks in advance
>Don Huber

Peter Dey/Nemesis
Nemesis Design

http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/Gold/5540/
http://cheaters-dungeon.home.ml.org/
http://www.tip.net.au/~apdey/
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arcade/5816/

Fri, 21 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 OK you beginners, here's your chance to help this beginner

Or you also might want to unload the form (Save on memory)
Form2.show
unload Form1

And vise-versa
--
Yours Truly,
  -Ray G

Quote:
> Isn't this what help files are for????
> Try
>   Form1.Hide
>   Form2.Show

> >Rank beginner question:
> >I have Form1 with a menu.  I want form2 to appear when a
> >menu option is chosen.  In Form1 click( ) of the menu item,
> >what code makes form1 go away to be replaced  with form2 ?

> >Thanks in advance
> >Don Huber

Sat, 22 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 OK you beginners, here's your chance to help this beginner

to hide one form and replace it with another, try:

form1.hide
form2.show

Good luck.

Quote:

>Rank beginner question:
>I have Form1 with a menu.  I want form2 to appear when a
>menu option is chosen.  In Form1 click( ) of the menu item,
>what code makes form1 go away to be replaced  with form2 ?

>Thanks in advance
>Don Huber

Sat, 22 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Beginner needs 'basic' help

2. A couple (ok, well maybe a little more than a couple) of (beginner) questions

3. The Beginners Basic Helpfile - beginner.hlp (0/2)

4. The Beginners Basic Helpfile - beginner.hlp (0/2)

5. The Beginners Basic Helpfile - beginner.hlp (0/2)

6. Help a beginner who's a kid

7. Beginner needs help accessing application's class

8. (Beginner) HELP NEEDED linking two DBCombo's in VB6, Example provided - vbproblem.zip (0/1)

9. Get the color of a pixel (please help me I'm a beginner)

10. beginner's problem with referencing a public variable

11. DoCmd and Subform - beginner's question

12. beginner's question: Outlook forms interacting with Access databases