resizing a bitmap in a command button
Author Message
 resizing a bitmap in a command button

I am using VB4 32.  I have some bitmaps that need to be placed into
command buttons, but they need to be shrunk down.  This is basically
like thumbnails.

I assume I have to use Sheridan's 3D command button, because the
default command button does not even support pictures, right?

My boss said that I should try the StretchBlt API call, but apparently
the 3D command button does not have a HDC handle.  I was loading the
original bitmap into a hidden picture box, btw.

The next thing I tried was placing the bitmap into an image control,
with the stretch property set to true so that it would automatically
re-size.  Then I used the SavePicture routine to save the image, but
apparently is just saves it as the original size (After I used the
SavePicture routine I was going to use the LoadPicture routine to load
the picture into the command button, FYI).

I've run out of ideas.  Is there a custom control out there that has
thumbnails?  Or is there a routine that will allow me to copy an image
from the image control (It does shrink, but I need it on a command
button) to the command button?

Thanks :)

-----
 Mike Beckman

Thu, 06 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 resizing a bitmap in a command button

Hi!
MM> I assume I have to use Sheridan's 3D command button, because the
MM> default command button does not even support pictures, right?
Sheridan's 3D command buttons doesn't support pictures either, but
there's a turnaround because it can work as a container. Try putting a
3d button, with this selected put a picture control in it, the picture
will be bounded into the 3d button. Set the stretch property to true. If
you don't want the picture to respond to the click event set Enabled to
false and the click will trigger the 3d button event.
A thumbnail can work using only the picture control but I suppose you
have a good reason to use a command button.
You can too use a third party control like FXTools that includes command
buttons with both text and pictures support

 * RM 1.31 3339 *

New Age BBS - Now online! - +54(1)-797-9713 - Florida, BA - Argentina.

Sat, 15 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How do I put a bitmap in a command button

2. Pictured (bitmap) Command Button

3. command button bitmap

4. SSTab, Command buttons, and resizing problem

5. Hover Button style command buttons in Access 97?

6. Using WhatsThisMode on command button activates button click procedure

7. command button as a toggle button

8. Is there a drop down regular command button, not active buttons

9. Assign a menu command to a command button in Powerpoint

10. call command button click command from code

11. Resize a bitmap

12. User Control - Bitmap Resizing