"Error Loading from file"
Author Message
 "Error Loading from file"

I have developed an application that has been distributed fairly widely.
It was developed using the the 16-bit version of Visual Basic 4.0 with
an Install Shield 5 installer which installs for either Win3.1 or Win95
(Install Shield has to be used due to the complexity of the install).
For the most part the program installs and runs fine but once in a while
I get feedback saying the client receives an "Error Loading from file"
message. One of the computers here at work used to do it (it has
virtually the same configuration as a dozen others that the application
worked fine on) but I installed VB on the machine with the hopes of
stepping through the program and locate the point of error and from then
on it no longer gave the error!

The Microsoft site attributed the error to an OCX not being present or
registered properly - although they said this was only for the 32-bit
version of VB. I'm also confused as to why only one in 50-100 users get
it (version of some supporting file?).

I was basically wondering if anyone had run into a similar error and
know what the 'culpret' most likely is or have some useful way of
determining it.

Thanks in advance,

Ken Campbell

Thu, 26 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 "Error Loading from file"

I've had a similar problem, very similar.  The problem is exactly as you
mentioned, 16 bit OCX dont always register correctly I think its something
to do with timing and the Win95 OS (whilst registering the OCX the OS
gets a message to do something else and stops the registration?)

One way to solve it it so use REGOCX16.EXE (should be on your VB4.0
CD, place this file in your winsys directory, and use the run menu item
with the following command line

REGOCX16.EXE MYOCX.OCX (obviously replacing 'myocx' with the
name of the offending OCX)

Hope this helps!

Lee K.

Quote:

>I have developed an application that has been distributed fairly widely.
>It was developed using the the 16-bit version of Visual Basic 4.0 with
>an Install Shield 5 installer which installs for either Win3.1 or Win95
>(Install Shield has to be used due to the complexity of the install).
>For the most part the program installs and runs fine but once in a while
>I get feedback saying the client receives an "Error Loading from file"
>message. One of the computers here at work used to do it (it has
>virtually the same configuration as a dozen others that the application
>worked fine on) but I installed VB on the machine with the hopes of
>stepping through the program and locate the point of error and from then
>on it no longer gave the error!

>The Microsoft site attributed the error to an OCX not being present or
>registered properly - although they said this was only for the 32-bit
>version of VB. I'm also confused as to why only one in 50-100 users get
>it (version of some supporting file?).

>I was basically wondering if anyone had run into a similar error and
>know what the 'culpret' most likely is or have some useful way of
>determining it.

>Thanks in advance,

>Ken Campbell

Sat, 28 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Error loading from file" error message

2. "Error loading from file" message

3. "Error loading from file"...

4. "Error loading from file" problem

5. 31037 "error loading from file"

6. Some Solutions: COMCTL32 "Error Loading From File" VB4 Runtime error

7. HELP:Runtime error 31037-"Error Loading from file"

8. Help! Error: "error loading from file" message

9. "Error loading from file" - What is the error?

10. Some Solutions: COMCTL32 "Error Loading From File" VB4 Runtime error

11. Help: "Cannot load from file" error

12. Setupwiz, "Error loading file"