Am I doing something wrong...??
Author Message
 Am I doing something wrong...??

Ive VisualBasic Enterprise ( 32 bits ) with a 32 bits
ODBC driver ( to access ORACLE files ) and
Jet engine 3.0, all installed in my computer.

The problem is that when I try to execute a query with
the Execute or OpenResultSet commands, I get the
error message:

Microsoft ODBC driver does not support this function

How can I solve this problem?
Are there any other functions to execute my query?

Sat, 03 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I doing something wrong...??

Quote:

>Microsoft ODBC driver does not support this function

>How can I solve this problem?
>Are there any other functions to execute my query?

This is most likely a problem with the SQL statement, but without
seeing that, I couldn't tell you for sure.  You might want to give
Oracle's drivers a try.  I hear they're very good and their OLE tools
are supposed to be fantastic.  I have a client with novice level
programming experience who got an app talking to his Oracle database
in less than 15 minutes with Oracle's tools.

John

Sun, 04 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I doing something wrong...??

Quote:
>Ive VisualBasic Enterprise ( 32 bits ) with a 32 bits
>ODBC driver ( to access ORACLE files ) and
>Jet engine 3.0, all installed in my computer.

>The problem is that when I try to execute a query with
>the Execute or OpenResultSet commands, I get the
>error message:

>Microsoft ODBC driver does not support this function

>How can I solve this problem?
>Are there any other functions to execute my query?

If I was you, I wouldn't use ODBC at all, I would use Oracle Objects
for OLE, you can get a demo version off the Oracle home page. Once you
install them, they make light work of anything Oracle that you have to
do. I use them all the time. I never have to worry about ODBC

...Paul!

Mon, 05 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Am I doing something wrong ?

2. Am I doing something wrong...??

3. Bug in VB.Net or am I doing something wrong? *sigh*

4. form class bug, or am I doing something wrong?

5. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

6. BUG??? or am I doing something wrong...

7. The Speed Of Access//Is it Slow or Am I doing something wrong!!!

8. Is this a memory leak or am I doing something wrong?

9. Are VB4 and MSIE5 incompatible... or am I doing something wrong?

10. Am I doing something wrong when I post here?

11. BUG??? or am I doing something wrong...

12. Missing MTXAS.DLL ? Or am I doing something wrong...