Internet Transfer Control (SP2)- Causes Delay during Program Shutdown
Author Message
 Internet Transfer Control (SP2)- Causes Delay during Program Shutdown

I've been successfully using the internet transfer control.  A new
program I am writing needed the SP2 fix, so I installed it on my
computer.  The control works fine, but now when I try to close the
original program, or to stop execution in the VB IDE in the current
program, there is a 30-60 second pause before the program closes.
In the MDI project, the child forms all close right away,  but not the
main parent.  I only get the pause if I've executed the code that uses
msinet!

I've tried the inet.stillexecuting command before closing but it
returns false.  Am I missing the obvious??

P.S. when I go back and reregister the original msinet.ocx, the old
program works great again!

Thanks for your help!

David Schwener

Schwane Software's AuctionEdge
A New Software Program that Interacts with eBay.
Track dozens of auctions, update them with one click.
Visit us at: http//www.schwane.com

Fri, 31 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Delay in unloading program when using Internet Transfer Control

2. Internet transfer control from VB5 SP2 broken

3. Internet Transfer Control: SP2, sequential connections fail

4. VB5 (SP2): Microsoft's Internet Transfer Control

5. Internet transfer control and SP2

6. Internet transfer control and SP2 Continued...

7. filename converted undesirably into upper cases during ftp via Internet Transfer Control in VB

8. Internet Transfer Control causes VB to freeze--kinda

9. Internet Transfer Control Causes Allocated Memory To Increase

10. Large LISTVIEW causes slow program shutdown.

11. Programming with the Internet Transfer Control

12. Basic Internet Transfer Control programming