resizing combo box during runtime
Author Message
 resizing combo box during runtime

I am trying to resize a combo box when the user clicks on it.  The goal is
to only show part of the currently-selected data, until the user clicks on
the combo box, at which time the Width increases to show all the data for
each item in the list box.

When the user clicks on an item, the combo box is resized (the Width property)
back to the smaller size.

I change the Width property in the DropDown event, but changing this property
at runtime seems to close the combo box.  It then takes 3 clicks to select
another item out of the combo box.  If I remove the code from the DropDown
event, the combo box operates as I would expect it to.

It seems as though this code in the DropDown event is preventing the combo
box from dropping down.

Am I asking too much?  I tried some of the combo box SendMessage functions,
but they didn't work either.

Thanks
Don Sayler
(For email responses, remove the 'don't.spam.me.' from the return address.)

Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. sstab control - resizing during runtime problem

2. resize image in MSFlexGrid during runtime?

3. Resizing a control with the mouse during runtime

4. How do I add text box during runtime?

5. resizing a form when a control resizes during execution

6. resizing a form when a control resizes during execution

7. How do I add text box during runtime?

8. Combo box dropdown resize

9. Can it be done??? (resizing combo box)

10. !! Does anyone know how to resize the dropdown box of a combo listbox

11. Q:Combo Box dropdown resize

12. Resizing Rich Text Boxes on runtime