VB4 corruping .frm file
Author Message
 VB4 corruping .frm file

Hi,

Starting last Friday, another developer and I have been having problems
with a MDI parent form and an MDI child form.  VB saves the form, but
leaves out about 22K worth of control definition text.  It stops saving
in the middle of a combo box control, then starts again at the End just
before the first menu definition.

I searched the knowledge base--nothing.  I called MS support, and the
tech person suggested saving the form under a new name.  It worked!  So I
saved the form back as the original name--it corrupted the form again.  I
saved the form under the same name, but in a different directory--it
worked!

MS suggested running ScanDisk on our PCs, since the other developer and I
may have had disk corruptions.  We both ran a "thorough" check, and short
of some problems in our TEMP directories, nothing showed.

We're using the new names now, and so far so good.

Any ideas?

Todd

Sat, 20 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB4 corruping .frm file

Quote:
>Starting last Friday, another developer and I have been having problems
>with a MDI parent form and an MDI child form.  VB saves the form, but
>leaves out about 22K worth of control definition text.  It stops saving
>in the middle of a combo box control, then starts again at the End just
>before the first menu definition.

>I searched the knowledge base--nothing.  I called MS support, and the
>tech person suggested saving the form under a new name.  It worked!  So I
>saved the form back as the original name--it corrupted the form again.  I
>saved the form under the same name, but in a different directory--it
>worked!

>Any ideas?

Maybe the .frx file is what is corrupted.  Try deleting your original
form.frm _and_ form.frx files then saving the form back under the
original name.

-- Roger
* Harry Nilsson Home Page: http://www.magicnet.net/~rasmith/nilsson.html

Tue, 23 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Convert VB3 binary frm to VB5 frm files

2. VB5 and .FRM, .FRX files, vs. VB4 - question

3. Newbie Question: about file type for .frm files

4. Binary Function for VB4 - bin.frm (0/1)

5. Can't run setup1.frm in VB4

6. .BAS and. FRM files

7. .FRM files

8. Unknown .FRM files

9. Export Data frm dbGrid to Excel file

10. Information about structures FRM & FRX files

11. frm files from exe

12. Lost .frm file, vb5, what happened?