Visual Basic 3.0 and Access 2.0
Author Message
 Visual Basic 3.0 and Access 2.0

You have to download comlyr.exe from MS and to install it.
                     Tibi.
--
 * Tiboldi Kalman       * TVH Forklift Parts * Tel: +3256434295 *

 * URL   : www.tvh.be   *      8560 Gullegem , Belgium          *

Sat, 29 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic 3.0 and Access 2.0

Quote:
>Just on the note of fourth file mentionned, accsvc.exe. This (I
>believe) is the access jet engine 2.5 layer, which means it will not
>work (or not reliably work) with access 2.0 databases.
>I downloaded and tried it and found I had to reinstall the overwritten

dll's.

I downloaded and installed accsvc.exe and have had no problems.  It is Jet
2.5, but it is explicitly designed to work with Access 2.0.

Steve Young
Young Computing

Publishers of 2WORK(tm), the tool that lets you use ASCII text to write
real .WK1 files

Sun, 30 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic 3.0 and Access 2.0

Quote:

> Just on the note of fourth file mentionned, accsvc.exe. This (I
> believe) is the access jet engine 2.5 layer, which means it will not
> work (or not reliably work) with access 2.0 databases.

> I downloaded and tried it and found I had to reinstall the overwritten dll's.

> Adam

That's strange.
We have been using JET 2.5 since it became available and it has
worked perfectly well. We have had no problems with JET 2.5. It
fixed a bug or two we had problems with and probably also many
other bugs we did not run into.

Timo

Sun, 30 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic 3.0 and Access 2.0
It is called the compatibility layer and can be found on ftp.microsoft.com...

You can also look on archie.au in the /pub/micros/pc/oak/VisBasic
directory... (or something along those lines.)

The file is called comlyr.exe.

It will self install.

Adam

Sun, 30 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic 3.0 and Access 2.0

Quote:

> We need to use a Access 2.0 database from a Visual Basic 3 program, but
> we can't do it.

> We have heard that there is a patch for Visual Basic 3 that allows to use
> Access 2.0 database.

> Does anyone where can we find it??

> Thanks in advance.

> --

Yeh, the patch your looking for can be found at microsoft WWW.  Here's
the address :

http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/fts.dll?qu=visual+basic+&db=softlib

you'll should see it on the first page of the found articals labeled :

                Jet 2.0/VB 3.0 compatibility Layer

Hope this helps.

David Maddison
De Montfort University
Leicester
England

Mon, 31 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic 3.0 and Access 2.0

Just RTFM !!!!!!!!!!!
g.
Quote:
>We need to use a Access 2.0 database from a Visual Basic 3 program, but
>we can't do it.
>We have heard that there is a patch for Visual Basic 3 that allows to use
>Access 2.0 database.
>Does anyone where can we find it??
>Thanks in advance.
>--
>Pedro Antonio Acebes Bayon

>Telef: +34-1-337 4872
>FAX:   +34-1-337 4222

Mon, 31 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual basic 3.0 accessing Access 2.0 databases

2. Visual Basic 3.0 and Access 2.0

3. Visual Basic 3.0 and Access 2.0

4. Help Visual basic 3.0 and Access 2.0

5. Performance comparison Visual Basic 3.0 vs MS ACCESS 2.0

6. Access 2.0 and Visual Basic 3.0

7. Porting Access 2.0 App to Visual Basic 3.0

8. Performance comparison Visual Basic 3.0 vs MS ACCESS 2.0

9. Visual Basic 3.0 - Access 2.0

10. Visual Basic 3.0 & Access 2.0

11. Visual Basic 3.0 and MS Access 2.0

12. Install Access 2.0 Cmpt Layer w/o Access 2.0 for VB 3.0