Add/Update/Delete rows to DBGrid
Author Message
 Add/Update/Delete rows to DBGrid

Quote:

> Data1.Recordset.Addnew

I've searched hi and lo and can't seem to find an answer to this:  Once an 'Addnew'
is issued, is there a way to cancel it?  If I ever knew, I sure can't seem to
remember.  Help appreciated !

--
Regards,
          Sam

Sun, 12 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Add/Update/Delete rows to DBGrid

Data1.Recordset.CancelUpdate

However, if the table has a primary key that autoincrements, that number
has been used with the AddNew, and there will be a skip in numbers (not
a major problem for most, it just looks funny).

HTH, Michele
--
Change 'nospam' to 'chaos' to reply via email.

Quote:

>> Data1.Recordset.Addnew

>I've searched hi and lo and can't seem to find an answer to this:  Once
an 'Addnew'
>is issued, is there a way to cancel it?  If I ever knew, I sure can't
seem to
>remember.  Help appreciated !

>--
>Regards,
>          Sam

Sun, 12 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Add/Update/Delete rows to DBGrid

Quote:

> Data1.Recordset.CancelUpdate

> However, if the table has a primary key that autoincrements, that number
> has been used with the AddNew, and there will be a skip in numbers (not
> a major problem for most, it just looks funny).

> HTH, Michele

Thanks for the help.  I appreciate it.

--
Regards,
          Sam

Mon, 13 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can't Delete A Row in DBGrid After Programmatic Update

2. Adding to add a row to an unbound DBGrid

3. Help: DBGrid - how to make DBGrid.row = current row when I click the a cell

4. Help: DBGrid - how to make DBGrid.row = current row when I click the a cell

5. problem w/ delete rows from Sheridan DBGrid

6. Apex True DBGrid: Annoying delete row behavior

7. Deleting rows in DBGrid

8. DbGrid - deleting a row

9. Problems deleting last row on Dbgrid control

10. Problem deleting a row from DBGrid.

11. Help needed in refreshing the MS-DBGrid after deleting row

12. Delete Row in a Unbound DBGRID