ActiveX DLL & Modal Forms
Author Message
 ActiveX DLL & Modal Forms

Hi

I have an ActiveX DLL (which sorts files), and I want to tell the user
the progress.

I do this with a control on a form in the DLL; I show the form, and I
change the control as the sort progresses.

No problem.

Except, I have to load the form ModeLess, otherwise I can't change it
constantly as the job executes.

That's OK in VB5, but delphi insists on ActiveX DLL forms being MODAL.

Has anyone anyone ideas ?

Thank you

Eoin Bairad
Dublin, Ireland

Sun, 02 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX DLL & Modal Forms

Is this a Delphi question?

> Hi

> I have an ActiveX DLL (which sorts files), and I want to tell the user
> the progress.

> I do this with a control on a form in the DLL; I show the form, and I
> change the control as the sort progresses.

> No problem.

> Except, I have to load the form ModeLess, otherwise I can't change it
> constantly as the job executes.

> That's OK in VB5, but Delphi insists on ActiveX DLL forms being MODAL.

> Has anyone anyone ideas ?

> Thank you

> Eoin Bairad
> Dublin, Ireland

Thu, 06 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX DLL & Modal Forms

You can hack it by using the SetWindowPos API call, this will allow you to
display Modeless forms in VB4 .. should work for Delphi.

Quote:
> Is this a Delphi question?
> --

> > Hi

> > I have an ActiveX DLL (which sorts files), and I want to tell the user
> > the progress.

> > I do this with a control on a form in the DLL; I show the form, and I
> > change the control as the sort progresses.

> > No problem.

> > Except, I have to load the form ModeLess, otherwise I can't change it
> > constantly as the job executes.

> > That's OK in VB5, but Delphi insists on ActiveX DLL forms being MODAL.

> > Has anyone anyone ideas ?

> > Thank you

> > Eoin Bairad
> > Dublin, Ireland

Sat, 08 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveX DLL events won't fire when DLL shows Modal Form

2. MODAL FORM & NON MODAL FORM

3. MODAL FORM & NON MODAL FORM

4. MODAL FORM & NON MODAL FORM

5. MODAL FORM & NON MODAL FORM

6. Modal & Modeless Form in ActiveX EXE

7. Calling non-modal ActiveX DLL form

8. ActiveX-Dll cannot show non-modal forms

9. ActiveX DLL and non-modal forms

10. VB5 ActiveX DLL and VBScript modal forms

11. VB5 ActiveX DLL and VBScript modal forms

12. VB5 ActiveX DLL and VBScript modal forms