Menu item shorcut key F1 not working
Author Message
 Menu item shorcut key F1 not working

I have a popup menu, so the menu is hidden.
The item that pops up with a right-click is working, but i also want
it to be able to popup with a function key.
It doesn't work. Not only did I put the shortcut key in the menu
manager on that item, but I also made a keypress event on the listbox
that contains the same code as the item in the popup the menu. But it
isn't working. Why does the right-click work, but not the function
key?

Thanks

Tue, 17 Jun 2003 23:51:26 GMT
 Menu item shorcut key F1 not working
Try the keydown event. Just a rough guess, and I might have the two mixed
up, but Function keys are recognised in keydown, not keypress.

Quote:
> I have a popup menu, so the menu is hidden.
> The item that pops up with a right-click is working, but i also want
> it to be able to popup with a function key.
> It doesn't work. Not only did I put the shortcut key in the menu
> manager on that item, but I also made a keypress event on the listbox
> that contains the same code as the item in the popup the menu. But it
> isn't working. Why does the right-click work, but not the function
> key?

> Thanks

Fri, 20 Jun 2003 00:34:39 GMT

1. Press F1 key while drop-down menu item highlighted, drop-down menu stays on top

2. F1 Help does not work from Menu control

3. retrieve item by collection key does not work

4. F1 doesn't get me help on a popup menu item

5. Word Custom Menu Items not working on NT

6. Can't get the HelpProvider to work with the F1 key

7. accelerator keys for system tray popup menu not working

8. Easy - Displaying help NOT via F1 key - How?

9. VB6 and RoboHelp, F1 not working with mouse over the commandbutton

10. F1 does not work for any non-standard controls

11. DBGrid Delete Key function not working on some DBGrids while it works on others

12. Disabling Windows 95 Shorcut Keys