Please, help with Multimedia control (MCI32.ocx) in WinXP. Thanks
Author Message
 Please, help with Multimedia control (MCI32.ocx) in WinXP. Thanks

Folks,

I need some help here. I am a newbie at dealing with ocx files.

I was recently trying to add some multimedia functionality to a VB for
Applications (Excel) program I wrote. When I went looking for the MCI32.ocx
file, I could not find it. Then, I downloaded the MCI32.ocx file from a
website into the Windows\System32 directory, followed by successfully
registering it (regsvr32 on MCI32.ocx). After that I went to my VBA
application (under Tools, References) and created a reference to the file,
followed by adding the Microsoft Multimedia Control (Version 6) to the
form's toolbox. Then I tried to insert the MMControl into a form and got the
following error message: "The control could not be created because it is not
properly licensed". However when I go to the object browser, I can see the
MCI library listed. What am I doing wrong and what can I do to solve it?

I am running Windows XP (Pro) and have VB.Net (educational) installed in my
PC.

Thanks for your help.

JOCA

Thu, 07 Jul 2005 14:38:55 GMT

1. Please, help with Multimedia control (MCI32.ocx) in WinXP. Thanks

2. Please, help with Multimedia control (MCI32.ocx) in WinXP. Thanks

3. Please, help with Multimedia control (MCI32.ocx) in WinXP. Thanks

4. Please help with Multimedia control (MCI32.ocx) in WinXP. Thanks

5. Help please! Microsoft Multimedia Control 6.0 (MCI32.OCX)

6. Help please! Microsoft Multimedia Control 6.0 (MCI32.OCX)

7. Help please! Microsoft Multimedia Control 6.0 (MCI32.OCX)

8. Need help for use of the Multimedia Control MCI32.OCX

9. Microsoft Multimedia Control (MCI32.OCX)

10. Help - Problem with mci32.ocx/mciwndx.ocx on client machine

11. HELP: I need a multimedia OCX control for VB5 (ent)

12. Please help me with MCI Multimedia Control Error #322