VB5: Bold captions in popup menu
Author Message
 VB5: Bold captions in popup menu

Hello again,

I had just another question: if an application of mine installs an icon in
the systray, I can create a popup menu for it, which works just fine. I've
also built in a default option which is executed whenever the user
dubbleclicks the icon. My problem is: how do I make the "default"caption in
the popup menu bold? All other applications in my systray have their
default actions marked bold.

TIAA,

--

ICQ 432406     "Omelette du Fromage" --Dexter       KeyID 0x371EFCB1
--- Fight Spam on the Internet! http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 24 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5: Bold captions in popup menu

What you could do is make owner-drawn menus and subclass for the paint
events and the menu selection events of them. It isn't difficult to do. But
then again, there's probably a single API call that we're overlooking.

Quote:

>Hello again,

>I had just another question: if an application of mine installs an icon in
>the systray, I can create a popup menu for it, which works just fine. I've
>also built in a default option which is executed whenever the user
>dubbleclicks the icon. My problem is: how do I make the "default"caption in
>the popup menu bold? All other applications in my systray have their
>default actions marked bold.

>TIAA,

>--

>ICQ 432406     "Omelette du Fromage" --Dexter       KeyID 0x371EFCB1
>--- Fight Spam on the Internet! http://spam-mirror.cetis.hvu.nl/ ---

Sun, 25 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5: Bold captions in popup menu

Take a look at the PopUpMenu command again.  One of the parameters should be
to set the item that is the default selection.  this shouls automatically
make that item boldfaced.  At least, this has been my experience with pop up
menus in and out of the SysTray.

--

Tony Selke

(please remove the _No-Junk-Mail_ prior to responding)

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Quote:
>I had just another question: if an application of mine installs an icon in
>the systray, I can create a popup menu for it, which works just fine. I've
>also built in a default option which is executed whenever the user
>dubbleclicks the icon. My problem is: how do I make the "default"caption in
>the popup menu bold? All other applications in my systray have their
>default actions marked bold.

Sun, 25 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5: Bold captions in popup menu

Yes you could subclass a paint procedure but if it's just to bold one
caption VB could do it for you, all you have to do is this:

PopupMenu mnuName, , , , mnuNameYouWantToDefault

Quote:

>What you could do is make owner-drawn menus and subclass for the paint
>events and the menu selection events of them. It isn't difficult to do. But
>then again, there's probably a single API call that we're overlooking.

>>Hello again,

>>I had just another question: if an application of mine installs an icon in
>>the systray, I can create a popup menu for it, which works just fine. I've
>>also built in a default option which is executed whenever the user
>>dubbleclicks the icon. My problem is: how do I make the "default"caption
in
>>the popup menu bold? All other applications in my systray have their
>>default actions marked bold.

>>TIAA,

>>--

>>ICQ 432406     "Omelette du Fromage" --Dexter       KeyID 0x371EFCB1
>>--- Fight Spam on the Internet! http://spam-mirror.cetis.hvu.nl/ ---

Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5: Bold captions in popup menu

Please read VB Help on Popup menus, you will find that you must add an
optional argument to the procedure call

Richard

Quote:

>Hello again,

>I had just another question: if an application of mine installs an icon in
>the systray, I can create a popup menu for it, which works just fine. I've
>also built in a default option which is executed whenever the user
>dubbleclicks the icon. My problem is: how do I make the "default"caption in
>the popup menu bold? All other applications in my systray have their
>default actions marked bold.

>TIAA,

>--

>ICQ 432406     "Omelette du Fromage" --Dexter       KeyID 0x371EFCB1
>--- Fight Spam on the Internet! http://spam-mirror.cetis.hvu.nl/ ---

Tue, 27 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Make Menu Items Caption Bold?

2. Bold Typeface On A PopUp Menu

3. Bold Typeface On A PopUp Menu

4. popup menu bold item

5. Popup menus on form called from a popup menu

6. show a shortcut menu / popup menu / context menu

7. VB5: Getting and Settings Menu Captions on another program

8. VB5, MDI Child and popup Menu question

9. VB5 popup menu problem

10. Come-by-born Popup menu of TextBox in VB5

11. Popup Menus in VB5 Custom Controls