ODBC and ISAM - error with SQL database when trying to sent Connect property
Author Message
 ODBC and ISAM - error with SQL database when trying to sent Connect property

ODBC and ISAM - error with SQL database when trying to sent Connect
property

VB4-32

I've run across something that our resident guru cannot figure out...
I've run across many, but here's the current crisis.

I am writing an application that will be accessing a SQL Server
database.  I have set up an Access 2.0 database as a link to the
database.  Everything is ok until I try to set the Connect property of
the data control with login and password information so that the user
need not be concerned with the login process.

setting

data1.Connect = "ODBC;DSN=EscortServices;UID=escortdata; _
PWD=esc01;DATABASE=EscortServices"

produces the message "Couldn't find installable ISAM"

I've checked the VB help file and the Access help file, my next stop
is the MSKB.  But while I am here...  Anyone gots any suggestions?
Thanks.

Oh, yeah, and these are trucking large vehicle escorts should anyone
find humor in the reference to Escort Services.  Its legit.

   LEGITIMATE responses to midknyte at usa dot net

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ISAM error exe trying to open access 2000 database

2. SQL statement for ODBC connected database?

3. ISAM error when VB6 SP4 exe tries to open access file

4. Connecting to Basic PDS 7.1 isam database with Vb4 pro

5. Connecting to Excel Spreadsheet - ISAM Error

6. ODBC and ISAM databases

7. Connecting to Excel Spreadsheet - ISAM Error

8. ODBC ISAM Error ol2000/Navision

9. Trying to connect to SQL Server from an ASP with IIS 4.0

10. Memory Full While Trying to Connect To SQL Server 2000 Stored Proc With OLEDB

11. trying to connect to a dBase database

12. trying to connect to access database on web server