Display part of a form in a form?
Author Message
 Display part of a form in a form?

I want to make a mapping program which displays a grid at 3/4
perspective and allows me to add squares to the maps length and width.
I want to be able to put graphics "stickers" on the map like walls,
monsters, items, etc.  I don't want to see all of the map at the same
time.  I seems to me like I want a form that has the grid lines drawn on
it and the routines to put my "stickers" on it, and then show that form
in a scrollable window on another form.  Is this possible?

                                    Thanks in advance.
                                            Don

Mon, 03 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Display part of a form in a form?

: I want to make a mapping program which displays a grid at 3/4
: perspective and allows me to add squares to the maps length and width.
: I want to be able to put graphics "stickers" on the map like walls,
: monsters, items, etc.  I don't want to see all of the map at the same
: time.  I seems to me like I want a form that has the grid lines drawn on
: it and the routines to put my "stickers" on it, and then show that form
: in a scrollable window on another form.  Is this possible?

:                                     Thanks in advance.
:                                             Don

You can get the effect of a scrollable window by putting a picture box on
a picture box.  The boundaries of the container pic box are what the user
sees.  But you can size the "contained" pic box to be larger.  Then hook
the position of the contained pic box to a couple of scroll bars and
*presto*.  There's a KB article with sample code; I think it's under
"scrollable viewports" or picture boxes or some such.

Minor gotcha: you can scale and size the pic boxes at will, but if you
exceed 32767 pixels you'll get an error.

HTH -

--

Tue, 04 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Display part of a form in a form?

Quote:

> I want to make a mapping program which displays a grid at 3/4
> perspective and allows me to add squares to the maps length and width.
> I want to be able to put graphics "stickers" on the map like walls,
> monsters, items, etc.  I don't want to see all of the map at the same
> time.  I seems to me like I want a form that has the grid lines drawn on
> it and the routines to put my "stickers" on it, and then show that form
> in a scrollable window on another form.  Is this possible?

>                                     Thanks in advance.
>                                             Don

  Don,
I think I would probably try to work with a Picture Box even though it has a
bit of overhead associated.  The nice thing is that it can serve as a
container for other objects such as your grid and stickers.  The the whole
box can then be scrolled around the main form.

Just my $.02
Tony

Fri, 07 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. display form while a modal form is displayed

2. Can I Use Access Form like VB Form - Part 2

3. Show a Form as part of another Form

4. Show a Form as part of another Form

5. Custom form to create and Standard form to display

6. Displaying a window form in another window form

7. maximize child form display multiple tool box controls on main form

8. Display Form / Pic Box on other Form

9. How to have form display above another after clicking off form

10. Display Form from a background form

11. Problem Displaying a form over another form

12. Developing OLE MDI Child forms displayed on Control MDI Form