Out of Memory - Insufficient variable space
Author Message
 Out of Memory - Insufficient variable space

Hi

The following message is popping up on running VB with a large project

Out of Memory - Insufficient variable space

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Franck

Tue, 30 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Out of Memory - Insufficient variable space

Quote:
>The following message is popping up on running VB with a large project
>Out of Memory - Insufficient variable space

You've found one of VB's limitations. :)

Try to design your program so that it uses less variables.

Global variables and Static variables are particularly bad, because they
last for the entire time the program is running. Use them only as necessary.
Robert Woodcock | Note: Your standard disclaimers apply. |

................| it can be quite a curse) - Plucky Duck |

Tue, 30 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Out of Memory - Insufficient variable space

Quote:
>>Out of Memory - Insufficient variable space

>You've found one of VB's limitations. :)

Hey... this one isn't that bad.  Unfortunately, the project that we have at work
has gotten so big, we are hitting the "Variable Name Space" memory limit.  :-(

Wed, 31 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. out of memory - insufficient variable space vb 3.0

2. Out of Memory - Insufficient variable space

3. Out of memory - insufficient variable space

4. Help - Insufficient Variable Space

5. Insufficient Variable Space and a Large Project?

6. Out of Memory - insuff. variable space (VB3.0)

7. variable across different memory space

8. Space Space Space Space Space Space Space

9. Session Variable Time-outs

10. Space Space Space Space Space Space Space

11. Space Space Space Space Space Space Space

12. Error w/ VB 3.0 Enterprise: Out of memory - Insufficient Variable Space.