proportional vs fixed spaced printer fonts
Author Message
 proportional vs fixed spaced printer fonts

Is it possible to identify in a list of printer fonts which ones are
proportional and which are fixed?  i.e. do a list box which only displays
the fixed fonts for the default printer.

Bill Dahms

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 proportional vs fixed spaced printer fonts

There should be some flag to do what you need so look in the on line
help for Flags property of Common Dialog Box.

Quote:

--
  Ciao :-)
  Massimo

  Nell'indirizzo, sostituire DIESPAMMERS con MC1258
  In the address, replace DIESPAMMERS with MC1258

Mon, 02 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 proportional vs fixed spaced printer fonts

Quote:
>Is it possible to identify in a list of printer fonts which ones are
>proportional and which are fixed?  i.e. do a list box which only displays
>the fixed fonts for the default printer.

>Bill Dahms

        I'm not absolutely sure this works in all cases, but so far it
has for me. Simply compare Printer.TextWidth("i") with
Printer.TextWidth("W"), if they are equal, then the current printer
font is proportional, otherwise, it is not.

        HTH
        Jeremiah D. Seitz
        Omega Techware
        http://home.us.net/~omega

Sun, 15 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Proportional to fixed fonts in Excel Application Object

2. Font size and proportional spacing problems

3. Space Space Space Space Space Space Space

4. Space Space Space Space Space Space Space

5. Space Space Space Space Space Space Space

6. A HOW-TO: Setting Printer fonts: WAS Printer fonts

7. Printer.Font.Name and Printer.Font.Size problems with HP LaserJets

8. Pinting a form with proportional fonts in a label

9. Printing labels with proportional fonts

10. Printing non-proportional fonts

11. additem to listbox with non proportional font?

12. TABS and proportional fonts