vb5 returning non-intrinsic types problem
Author Message
 vb5 returning non-intrinsic types problem

Marco has just posted a similar question and I just wanted to post and say I
am having the same problem: I am trying to create a method in a class that
returns an rdoResultset. It does not compile. If I try to pass an object
like a ListBox to a public method of a class, I cant compile either. It only
works if I pass or return an intrinsic type like a String.

Mon, 04 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 vb5 returning non-intrinsic types problem
I answered to Marco... Let see this and hope it'll be helpfull.

                                Martin

Quote:

> Marco has just posted a similar question and I just wanted to post and say I
> am having the same problem: I am trying to create a method in a class that
> returns an rdoResultset. It does not compile. If I try to pass an object
> like a ListBox to a public method of a class, I cant compile either. It only
> works if I pass or return an intrinsic type like a String.

Mon, 04 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 vb5 returning non-intrinsic types problem

Quote:
>I am trying to create a method in a class that
>returns an rdoResultset. It does not compile.

I'm not sure, but perhaps you cannot create a New rdoResultset?

Quote:
>If I try to pass an object
>like a ListBox to a public method of a class, I cant compile either.

Arguments of these types should be perfectly acceptable, even in VB5. What
happens (in either case) when you declare the method as Friend instead of
Public?

DoDi

Wed, 06 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Bug VB5 Dll: Passing and Returning User-Defined Types

2. Bug VB5 Dll: Passing and Returning User-Defined Types

3. Bug VB5 Dll: Passing and Returning User-Defined Types

4. Controls, Intrinsic to VB5

5. VBDOS 1.0 and VB5.0 database non-compatibility problem

6. problem restoring state of (NON-MDI) child windows in VB5 when parent restores

7. simple function return type syntax problem

8. Problems with intrinsic Date function

9. Problems with Intrinsic Controls

10. Problem with Database type in VB5

11. VB5 "type mismatch" problem

12. VB5 Enum type problem