How to create Windows Metafile
Author Message
 How to create Windows Metafile

I would like to create Windows metafile on a picturebox using VB, and then
send it to clipboard, and then, say, paste it to MS Word.  Where can I find
some help material on this topic?

Thanks.

Si Yuan

Thu, 22 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to create Windows Metafile

Quote:

> I would like to create Windows metafile on a picturebox using VB, and then
> send it to clipboard, and then, say, paste it to MS Word.  Where can I find
> some help material on this topic?

> Thanks.

> Si Yuan

Hi Yuan,

You can place the metafile on a blank form and copy it
to the clipboard.  Save it as BMP and paste it to Ms Word.

                                Magic

Thu, 22 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to create Windows Metafile

Quote:
> Hi Yuan,

> You can place the metafile on a blank form and copy it
> to the clipboard.  Save it as BMP and paste it to Ms Word.

>                            Magic

Hi Magic,

How can I create a metafile using VB?  I know I must use Windows API, but
how?
I don't want BMP format in MS Word since it is not scalable.  Any ideas?

Si Yuan

Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to create Windows Metafile

Quote:
>I would like to create Windows metafile on a picturebox using VB, and then
>send it to clipboard, and then, say, paste it to MS Word.  Where can I find
>some help material on this topic?

I have an article online at:

  http://www.jadebox.com/vbprog/

which describes how to create Placeable Windows Metafiles using VB.
Unfortunately, it was written four years ago so it describes using VB3
and Windows 3.1.  But it may be a good place for you to get some
ideas.

-- Roger

***** Five-Star Rating from ZNet's Software Library!

Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. how to create a windows metafile

2. Help creating a Windows MetaFile

3. creating windows metafiles

4. Creating a Windows Metafile (WMF) then placing on clipboard

5. Windows Metafiles on the clipboard

6. HELP! WMF Problem (Windows MetaFile)

7. Windows Media Player - Playlists & Metafile Format

8. Windows Metafile display problems

9. Webbrowser control and windows metafiles

10. Windows metafile to bitmap.

11. Printing a Windows Metafile..HOW?

12. Printing a Windows Metafile..HOW?