How to control a Serial port
Author Message
 How to control a Serial port

I want to make a single pin from a serial port high or low ( to make a testing
device). For example:
Now I want to make pin 3 (TD) high and after that I want to make pin 8 (CTS)
or so high.
Is this possible and if it is how can I do that in Visual Basic 5?
Thank you

Ton Smulders
Tilburg, Holland

Thu, 11 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to control a Serial port

Quote:

>I want to make a single pin from a serial port high or low ( to make a
testing
>device). For example:
>Now I want to make pin 3 (TD) high and after that I want to make pin 8
(CTS)
>or so high.
>Is this possible and if it is how can I do that in Visual Basic 5?
>Thank you

>Ton Smulders
>Tilburg, Holland

Look for: NT86IO10.ZIP http://www.cgvb.com/links/lpage.boa/FILE
This is a DLL for Windows (16 & 32bit) to manipulate bits, bytes, integers,
longs, and Hardware Port I/O or to call CPU interrupts. For C/C++, Visual
Basic.

Other resources on my home page. Look for Port I/O

Henri Leboeuf

Thu, 11 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to control a Serial port
If you are using VB5 then you have the MSComm32.OCX which is shipped
with VB. It has a few properties like the DTREnabled and RTSEnabled
properties that allow you to set the state of these two hardware
lines.

For more serial I/O solutions visit www.taltech.com

Quote:

>I want to make a single pin from a serial port high or low ( to make a testing
>device). For example:
>Now I want to make pin 3 (TD) high and after that I want to make pin 8 (CTS)
>or so high.
>Is this possible and if it is how can I do that in Visual Basic 5?
>Thank you

>Ton Smulders
>Tilburg, Holland

Sat, 04 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. motor control through serial port

2. Send Voltage via MSCOMM Control and Serial Port

3. About Mscomm Control programming(Serial Port)

4. About Mscomm Control programming(Serial Port)

5. How to control the serial ports????

6. How to loop comm port control to read text files through serial port in VB3

7. Active X to control the serial port in VBA-Excel?

8. Active X to control the serial port in VBA-Excel?

9. I/O port, Parallel port, Serial port

10. qb45 and SERIAL strange SERIAL port protocol

11. serial printer on serial port

12. serial printer on serial port