Running an app before windows boots up
Author Message
 Running an app before windows boots up

Hi all,

I'm trying to delete two rogue Recycle bins. Because they are
being using by Windows NT I have to delete them when windows
boots up. I have written an App to do the deletion but I need to
know how to get it to run before Windows opens. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Nick

Sat, 09 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Running an app before windows boots up
Nick,

I'm not sure, but you might have a look at the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]

Add an entry with an arbitrary name (TYPE STRING) and as its value the
complete path of your executable. I'm not sure if the application can put up
any UI at that time!

Hope this works!

...Arjan...

Sat, 09 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

The program added under RunOnce will be run only after the user logs in and
not before boot-up!!

Arjan de Haan

Quote:
> I'm not sure, but you might have a look at the following registry key:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]
> ...Arjan...

Sat, 09 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Running an app before windows boots up
A wild stab in the dark here...  the RunServices key allows programs to be
run before the login screen displays (or possibly while it is being
displayed).  There might be something you could do there...
Quote:

>The program added under RunOnce will be run only after the user logs in and
>not before boot-up!!

>Arjan de Haan
>> I'm not sure, but you might have a look at the following registry key:
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]
>> ...Arjan...

Mon, 11 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Ann: Live Chat on VenturCom Boot-NIC - Windows 2000/XP/XP Embedded Diskless Network Boot

2. Running programs when windows boots up

3. Timberland Boots, Cheap Timberland Boots, Hiking Waterproof Work boots

4. Packaging Apps on Windows 2000 to run on Windows NT

5. Launching and Monitoring a 16-bit Windows app from VB5 application running on Windows NT 4.0

6. Help API GetCaretPos in window running a Dos App shelled from windows 95/98

7. Launching and Monitoring a 16-bit Windows app from VB5 application running on Windows NT 4.0

8. cold boot / warm boot

9. Disabling Boot Menu and Boot Keys

10. Disabling Boot Menu and Boot Keys

11. Launching app during boot up