How to Close a DOS app after running from Shell()
Author Message
 How to Close a DOS app after running from Shell()

How do I close a dos app after starting it using the Shell function ?
For example, if I want to create a program to emulate WinZip and run
pkunzip using Shell(), how do I close the DOS window after pkunzip
executes?

Also, is there a way to intercept the progress of the shelled program
to monitor it in your main app ?

Thu, 01 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to Close a DOS app after running from Shell()

Hi there

Instead of Shell, maybe you should try CreateProcess API with
CREATE_SEPARATE_WOW_VDM parameter, then you are able to play with
GetExitCodeProcess API to trap when it is finished, and then to use
CloseHandle to close it. This is what I used to do some outside editing, but
with 32 applications (of course, without CREATE_SEPARATE_WOW_VDM parameter).
Try experimenting and good luck.

Regards

Daniel Balos, dipl.-Ing.

:
:Also, is there a way to intercept the progress of the shelled program
:to monitor it in your main app ?
:

Fri, 02 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. closing dos app's window after shell

2. How To? Closing Shelled DOS app when done

3. Newbie:Running DOS App (Shell)

4. Newbie: Running Dos App synchronously ( Other than Shell)

5. Help API GetCaretPos in window running a Dos App shelled from windows 95/98

6. Trying to close DOS window after running app

7. Run App with Shell and close it

8. Close an app running under Shell function?

9. running DOS PROgram from VB APP using variables in the app

10. Close a DOS Shell Out

11. detecting close of a shelled dos program in vb5

12. detecting close of a shelled dos program in vb5