Visual Basic and Clipper
Author Message
 Visual Basic and Clipper

We have been using the SDEII driver and find it quite good.  A bit of
a paradigm shift for Clipper users, but then again everything in
Windows is :)

John Ondusko
Oakwood Automation Systems

Sat, 20 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic and Clipper

Quote:

>Has anyone got any knowledge of any large reference sites for using Visual
>Basic with Clipper databases ?

>What's the best way of using Visual Basic with Clipper? Are there any good
>tools, add-ins or is it really best to convert the Clipper database to some
>thing else?

First of all, there is no such thing as a Clipper database.  Clipper was
designed around the dBASE III .DBF file format.  Granted, Clipper does have
it's own index files, but you won't need those anyway, because VB will build
it's own indexes for a .DBF file.  All you have to do is put the .DBF files
you want to work with in a directory, which will be your database.  Then
just connect to that database via the installable ISAM driver for dBASE
and Foxpro files.  VB will treat the individual .DBF files as tables.

Look up "Connecting to external databases" in help.

Sun, 21 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic and Clipper

Quote:

>>Has anyone got any knowledge of any large reference sites for using Visual
>>Basic with Clipper databases ?

>>What's the best way of using Visual Basic with Clipper? Are there any good
>>tools, add-ins or is it really best to convert the Clipper database to some
>>thing else?

>First of all, there is no such thing as a Clipper database.  Clipper was

There *is* such a thing as a Clipper .DBF format - Clipper supports
character fields up to 32Kb and 1023 fields.  Native xBase has 255
character fields and 128 fields.

Quote:

--
Nick

Sun, 21 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. visual basic and clipper - need a translation

2. Visual Basic and Clipper

3. Visual Basic and Clipper Dbf/Ntx Files

4. Help migrating from CLIPPER to VISUAL BASIC

5. Clipper and Visual Basic

6. Van Clipper overstappen naar Visual basic of Delphi ?

7. Code converter betwen clipper and Visual Basic

8. Clipper 5.x and visual basic

9. Clipper 5.x and visual basic

10. Van Clipper overstappen naar Visual basic of Delphi ?

11. Clipper to visual basic?

12. Visual Basic - CLIPPER