VB4 Pro Won't Install on NT 3.51
Author Message
 VB4 Pro Won't Install on NT 3.51

Just tried to install VB 4 Pro on NT Workstation 3.51 with Service Pack 1
installed. Get the following message:

  The procedure entry poiint SmtCurrentDirectoryA could not be
  located in the dynmaic link library KERNEL32.dll.

Then the install quit. Tried again, but this time got:

  There is insufficient memory to run setup.

A quick check of memory utilization showed 79% used (of 32 MB). The memory hog
must be Web Site, my Web server. But should that really matter? Virtual memory,
right?

Any thoughts on why setup won't run? This is most frustrating.
Thanks in advance.

Tue, 12 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VB4 Pro Won't Install on NT 3.51

Quote:

> Just tried to install VB 4 Pro on NT Workstation 3.51 with Service Pack 1
> installed. Get the following message:

>   The procedure entry poiint SmtCurrentDirectoryA could not be
>   located in the dynmaic link library KERNEL32.dll.

> Then the install quit. Tried again, but this time got:

>   There is insufficient memory to run setup.

> A quick check of memory utilization showed 79% used (of 32 MB). The memory hog
> must be Web Site, my Web server. But should that really matter? Virtual memory,
> right?

> Any thoughts on why setup won't run? This is most frustrating.
> Thanks in advance.

I'm running VB4 16bit/32bit Prof/Enterprise versions on both my systems running
NT 3.51 SP1. (32MB internal)

No Problemo.

Mayby it is you webserver?

Tue, 12 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VB4 Pro Won't Install on NT 3.51

Quote:

>> Just tried to install VB 4 Pro on NT Workstation 3.51 with Service Pack 1
>> installed. Get the following message:

>>   The procedure entry poiint SmtCurrentDirectoryA could not be
>>   located in the dynmaic link library KERNEL32.dll.

>> Then the install quit. Tried again, but this time got:

>>   There is insufficient memory to run setup.

>> A quick check of memory utilization showed 79% used (of 32 MB). The memory
hog
>> must be Web Site, my Web server. But should that really matter? Virtual
memory,
>> right?

>> Any thoughts on why setup won't run? This is most frustrating.
>> Thanks in advance.

>I'm running VB4 16bit/32bit Prof/Enterprise versions on both my systems
running
>NT 3.51 SP1. (32MB internal)

>No Problemo.

>Mayby it is you webserver?

I thought it might be Web Site, so I shut everything down and tried it again.
Still no go.

Tue, 12 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB compiled on NT 3.51 won't run on 95

2. Win 95 Interface for Win NT 3.51 for free

3. Visual Basic 4.0 Pro, Crystal Reports, Access 7.9 under NT 3.51

4. Crystal Reports Pro 4 & NT 3.51

5. Jet crashes with Win NT 3.51

6. Jet crashes with Win NT 3.51

7. Unable to install app on NT 3.51 machine

8. Q: Config of Win '95/Win NT Task Bar via VB4

9. Crystal Reports hangs Win NT 3.51

10. Help on reducing VB 4.0 32 bit overhead running under Win NT 3.51

11. Threed16.ocx and win nt 3.51

12. Start Screen Saver Under WIN NT 3.51