OpenURL fails to close ftp connection
Author Message
 OpenURL fails to close ftp connection

I am using OpenURL to get a file using ftp. When I monitor the ftp
processes, I see that even when the task is completed successfully, the
ftp process remains running (but idle). Any attempt to use
Inet1.Execute, "quit" etc. simply starts another ftp process! When I
quit my app, the ftp processes stop, but this is unfeasible as the user
may ftp many different times.

Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

I am using VB 5.0 (prof) with SP3 and NT4.0 with SP3.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

regards,

Andrew Wilford

Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. OpenURL fails to close FTP connection

2. Connection Fail after installation - dbnmpntw write() connection fail

3. Connection Fail after installation - dbnmpntw write() connection fail

4. Program won't close if connection fails with

5. Inet1.OpenURL - FTP Works, http doesn't

6. ADO connection passed to a DLL fails to maintain valid connection

7. Does ADO Connection.Close ,Closes all open Recordsets

8. When closing a connection, recordset is also closed!

9. SQL Server connections not closing when Access connection also open

10. Failing FTP to MVS system using Internet Transfer Control

11. FTP fails to delete directory, help!!!

12. Failing FTP to MVS system using Internet Transfer Control