Changing Shutdown under Start Menu
Author Message
 Changing Shutdown under Start Menu

Greetings,

I'm facing a need of modifying the Sutdown menu when user clicks start to
exit windows. What I did is I created a little app that shuts down windows
with additional initialization necessary for my company - all works and runs
beautiful when double-clicked. So next thing I did is to change policy to
remove standard Shutdown from the Start menu, then added a shortuct to Start
Menu with my app. But Windows seems to only allow me put shortcut at the TOP
of Start Menu above PROGRAMS folder or all other items for that matter! I
can find no way to actualy put it exactly where Shut Down normally is which
is at the bottom of the Start Menu!!! Does anybody know how to do this? Is
there an API call I can use to insert my shortuct exactly in there?

I also considered a possibility of intercepting a windows shutdown message
via an API call - which would solve this particuallar problem as I could
keep original shutdown, but as I tried it, I ran into several API related
problems. If anybody out there knows how to do that, I would certainly try
it again with some code samples.

Thanks Much!
Adam

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Disabling Shutdown in the Start menu?

2. Change small icon in start menu

3. Changing Application Icon In Start Menu

4. Change the start menu image?

5. change a link position in Win98 start-menu

6. Need help with Changing start menu,

7. Icons, and Menu Items on the Start Menu.

8. URGENT! Start-menu style popup menu

9. Large bitmap next to menu items like in Windows Start menu

10. Start Menu in Menu

11. How to use Bitmaps in Menu, Start Menu?

12. menu like start menu