VB6 (WinInet API) and Squid Proxy
Author Message
 VB6 (WinInet API) and Squid Proxy

Hi,

Im using VB6 (Win-Inet API) to develop an ftp-Download application.
The application works fine without using a proxy server:

hOpen = InternetOpen(scUserAgent, INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PRECONFIG,
vbNullString, vbNullString, 0)

and using Wingate as a proxy server:

hOpen = InternetOpen(scUserAgent, INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PROXY, "ftp=ftp://" &
ProxyIP & ":" & ProxyFTPPort, vbNullString, 0)

Now one customer uses Squid (www.squid-cache.org) proxyserver and I cannot
establish a connection for a ftp download. Can I use the
wininet API (as IE does?) to let my application connect through the squid
proxy? And how does it work?
What settings do I need to make to make wininet API to use the squid proxy?

Thanks for your help.

Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:14:12 GMT

1. Wininet API connection through proxy - can't get by error 407 (authentication)

2. Wininet API connection through proxy - can't get by error 407 (authentication)

3. WININET API w/ Proxy Password

4. Wininet API connection through proxy - can't get by error 407 (authentication)

5. WININET API help in VB6

6. WinInet with Firewall/Proxy

7. WinInet wtih Firewall/Proxy

8. wininet + ftp + proxy with password

9. FTP Upload over Proxy with WinInet.dll

10. Using a Proxy server with msinet.ocx and Wininet.dll

11. Wininet Problem with Proxy