MSVCRT.DLL, MSVCRT20.DLL and MSVCRT40.DLL
Author Message
 MSVCRT.DLL, MSVCRT20.DLL and MSVCRT40.DLL

Puzzle: What are these files: MSVCRT.DLL, MSVCRT20.DLL and MSVCRT40.DLL?

Why do they exist with different dates and sizes on my system?
How are they related to VB4.0 projects?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Fri, 17 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 MSVCRT.DLL, MSVCRT20.DLL and MSVCRT40.DLL

Quote:
> Puzzle: What are these files: MSVCRT.DLL, MSVCRT20.DLL and MSVCRT40.DLL?
> Why do they exist with different dates and sizes on my system?
> How are they related to VB4.0 projects?
> Any help greatly appreciated.

Some of the OLE components use them. Since VB4 and VB5 are heavy
users of OLE whether you like it or not, you need these files. If
you're using WfW 3.11, Win95, NT 3.51, or NT 4.0, you should be
able to get their version stamps by viewing the file properties.
Keep the latest version of each file and nuke the others.

Fri, 17 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 MSVCRT.DLL, MSVCRT20.DLL and MSVCRT40.DLL

MS Visual C++ runtime files, usually required for various OCX controls.
You may also find mfc42.dll and others.  Don't delete them.

Quote:
> Puzzle: What are these files: MSVCRT.DLL, MSVCRT20.DLL and MSVCRT40.DLL?

> Why do they exist with different dates and sizes on my system?
> How are they related to VB4.0 projects?

> Any help greatly appreciated.

Fri, 17 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. MSVCRT.DLL and MSVCRT40.DLL

2. Write Access Error with MSVCRT.DLL and MSVCRT40.DLL

3. REQ: OLEPRO32.DLL, MFC40.DLL, MSVCRT40.DLL from VB4.0 Standard CD

4. Entry point msvcrt.ra.d not found in msvcrt40.dll

5. Unable to Locate DLL (MSVCRT40.dll)

6. Unable to Locate DLL (MSVCRT40.dll)

7. DLL DLL DLL DLL DLL DLL

8. Registering MFC42.DLL and MSVCRT.DLL

9. Which version of msvcrt.dll, msvcirt.dll etc?

10. CRPEAUT32.DLL and MSVCRT.DLL

11. MSVCRT20.dll

12. MSVCRT20/40.DLL, necessary?