VB5 Win95 Bug - Invalid Page Fault in MSO97RT.DLL - Solution
Author Message
 VB5 Win95 Bug - Invalid Page Fault in MSO97RT.DLL - Solution

Hi Everyone,

Here's one to store in your memory for later when it happens to you :>

After I had been working on VB5 PRO for an couple of days and testing
out the new features and IDE, I closed VB down (bad idea huh!)

The next morning when I tried to load VB5 the splash screen displayed
followed by an Invalid Page Fault in MSO97RT.DLL.

Reinstalling didn't help, and of the about 8 relevant postings on
DEJANEWS they all said delete the registry entries for VB5.
I had reported the error to Microsoft (who called back a day after I'd
found the workaround).

Cause:  It appears that something in the IDE creates an invalid
registry setting.

Solution:
1       Uninstall VB5, run REGCLEAN and reinstall VB5

        or (my preferred route)

2       run REGEDIT and open the key:
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Visual Basic/VB5
        and delete the VB5 folder and all the entries below it.
        When you restart VB they will be recreated without too
        much affect on your customised settings.

I haven't been able to cause the problem again but it wasted nearly
a day of coding time!

Hope this helps get you going again faster...

Baz

Tue, 05 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Invalid Page Fault in MSO97RT.DLL

2. Solution: Invalid Page Fault SCRRUN.DLL

3. VB5 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL

4. VB5 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL

5. VB5 Error: Invalid Page Fault at MS097RT.DLL

6. VB5 SP3 invalid page fault kernel32.dll at 0137:bff798fb

7. VB5 caused an invalid page fault in KERNEL32.DLL

8. Invalid Page Faults Kernel32.DLL and OLE32.DLL

9. 16-bit VB4 causes invalid page fault in Win95

10. 16-bit VB4 causes invalid page fault in Win95

11. BUG FIX for Invalid Page Fault with dbCombo in VB4.0

12. VB5 Invalid Page Fault: 000:0f408534