Sending keystrokes to a DOS program using VB6
Author Message
 Sending keystrokes to a DOS program using VB6

I need to access a menu in a DOS program using VB6.  I can use the
Shell command to start the program but cannot send keystrokes via the
Sendkeys command to it.  I need this ability.  Can anyone help?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 06 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Sending keystrokes to a DOS program using VB6
Hi,

I had same problem.....answer from Christopher Latta is:

Quote:
>>You can't use SendKeys to send keystrokes to a DOS app, only to
>>Windows apps. You need to grab my PushKeys module from
>>http://www.ozemail.com.au/~clatta (in the download section) to be
>>able to do this.

You can use DLL or clear code.

Tom

Quote:

> I need to access a menu in a DOS program using VB6.  I can use the
> Shell command to start the program but cannot send keystrokes via the
> Sendkeys command to it.  I need this ability.  Can anyone help?

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 07 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Sending keystrokes to a DOS program using VB6

Quote:
> I need to access a menu in a DOS program using VB6.  I can use the
> Shell command to start the program but cannot send keystrokes via the
> Sendkeys command to it.  I need this ability.  Can anyone help?

I have a class for sending keystrokes at

http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scott/code/code-017.html

that should be able to send keystrokes to dos applications (at least it did
in my testing).

Hope this helps.

--

http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scott/code/
Sample code, message forum, and utilities..

Tue, 07 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to sent a keystroke to a dos-app started with the shell function in vb6

2. Sending Keystrokes to a DOS Program

3. Sending keystrokes and receiving data from a DOS program

4. Sending Keystrokes to a DOS program:HELP!!

5. How to send Keystrokes to a DOS program

6. Sending keystrokes to an MS-DOS program

7. Sending keystrokes to an MS-DOS program

8. sending keystrokes to DOS programs

9. Problem using sendkeys command to send keystrokes to DOS application

10. Sending keystrokes to a DOS Window...

11. HELP: Sending Keystrokes to DOS???

12. Send keystrokes to DOS app?