copy runtime a table from db a to db b
Author Message
 copy runtime a table from db a to db b

I want to copy a tabledefinition from access database A to Access database B
(if the records are being copyd  to doesn't matter)
i don't want to just create the fields and indexes and relations in db B,
because an Access table holds much more than that.
If not in VB i just do CTRL C CTRL V but in VB?

so i thougt something like this:
Set tdfOri =  databaseA.tabledefs("customers")

Set tdfNew = databaseB.CreateTableDef("newtable")

then copy the original to the new, something like
set tdfnew = tdfori

but as you might expect, that does not work.

Any hints??
greetz Michel.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 copy runtime a table from db a to db b
Check out the VISDATA example that comes with Visual Basic. It does what you
want to do.

Quote:

> I want to copy a tabledefinition from access database A to Access database
> (if the records are being copyd  to doesn't matter)
> i don't want to just create the fields and indexes and relations in db B,
> because an Access table holds much more than that.
> If not in VB i just do CTRL C CTRL V but in VB?

> so i thougt something like this:
> Set tdfOri =  databaseA.tabledefs("customers")

> Set tdfNew = databaseB.CreateTableDef("newtable")

> then copy the original to the new, something like
> set tdfnew = tdfori

> but as you might expect, that does not work.

> Any hints??
> greetz Michel.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. How to copying from one DB table to another DB table

2. Copying Tables from one DB to another DB

3. How to copy table from DB to DB?

4. Copy table from one db to another db with vb5

5. Copy Access/Oracle table from one DB to another DB.

6. Copying table from DB to DB in VB

7. Copy table schema and data from one DB to another DB

8. MS Access DB - Copy Table A from Database A to Table A Database B

9. Copying data from one DB to another DB

10. Copying DB over existing DB connected to DataEnvironment

11. Copy Data Structures no data DB to DB

12. Copy Recordset from one Db to a different Db