Am I missing Something?
Author Message
 Am I missing Something?

Quote:
> Hi there,
>    I have got a simple request from the users not to scroll through a list
> of items
> each time they have to select one .If they type in the initials the
> cooresponding item wiil be selected in the dropdown.I'm using DBCombo for
> that(Since all these data are table driven),which says that it gives that

<snip>

I saw something recently on Microsoft's web site www.microsoft.com/vbasic.
There were several tips & techniques type articles somewhere there, and one
of them explained how to use an API call to make list- and combo-boxes
match as you type.  Sorry I can't remember exactly where it was, but have a
look as it may solve your problem.

Sat, 20 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I missing Something?

Quote:

>Hi there,
>    I have got a simple request from the users not to scroll through a list
>of items
>each time they have to select one .If they type in the initials the
>cooresponding item wiil be selected in the dropdown.I'm using DBCombo for
>that(Since all these data are table driven),which says that it gives that
>capability by default.
>But it's not getting that at all(I tried 'matchentry' for both 0 and 1 with
>no result)
>Anyone has any success with that?
>What am I missing?

        I don't think you can do that with the DBCombo. Doing that sort
of matching usually requires that the list be sorted alphabeticaly, and the
DB Combo won't do that (as I recall). What I have done is to construct
something that looks like a combo box, but is actually a list box (sorted =
true) with a text box right on the top of it. It's then pretty easy to write a
little code to move the list box selection according to each letter typed
in the text box. I used the keypress event on the textbox as the trigger
of the routine.

Sun, 21 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access Runtime - Am I Missing Something?

2. AM I missing something - Sum and Cumulative Sum

3. VBA For Dummies --- Am I missing something here?

4. Am I missing something?

5. Am I missing something?

6. Am I missing something incredibly easy?

7. Am I missing something in the DHTML Editor?

8. Undraggable controls: Am I Missing something???

9. Am I missing something?

10. Am I missing something here ...? Instr Function

11. RegEx: Am I missing something?

12. Usercontrol properties - Am I missing something???