VB COM Objects from a VB App
Author Message
 VB COM Objects from a VB App

I am hoping you will be able to help me with a concept or 2. I am required
to write a client VB6 application (ie: an EXE) that sends & receives
messages to a website communicating with a COM object on that site over net.

On the site, I have registered my COM object with MTS (NT4), and in my VB
app I use CreateObject passing the IP Address as the second parameter. This
works fine as long as I am physically wired to the network - however, when I
try the same thing over a dial-up, it times out. Is it possible to use this
method - is it simply a case of user rights or settings in my VB app, or am
I barking up the wrong tree altogether? What other options are there for me
to use if this one cannot work? (I am considering using the WinSock
component and writing an APP on both sides - but it's not ideal)

Many thanks,

Felicity Gibbs

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 15:06:35 GMT

1. Call VB DLL or COM object from within VB COM object or EXE

2. com object will not read registry when com object called from asp (vb works fine)

3. Accessing ATL COM object from V.S. 2003 Embedded VB.NET app

4. Passing structures from C++ app to a VB client app through Network connection using COM

5. Using COM Objects from VB (Object Picker Dialog)

6. Returning an object with sub objects from vb component (COM) to ASP

7. how to accept objects dropped from other apps in a VB app

8. Warning message when creating Excel object from Vb App when app is running as a service

9. vb app over internet with SQL or com?

10. VB COM (web app) Critique

11. Help-- Problem with Sharing data betweeb a VC++ COM and a VB app

12. convert VB app to com