Using Coolbar in VB6
Author Message
 Using Coolbar in VB6

Anyone have an example of using the CoolBar control in VB6? I dont want any
third party ocx answers, just need an example of using the CoolBar to
emulate the IE4 toolbar.
Any help is appreciated

--
John

Thu, 15 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Coolbar in VB6

Quote:
>Anyone have an example of using the CoolBar control in VB6? I dont want any
>third party ocx answers, just need an example of using the CoolBar to
>emulate the IE4 toolbar.
>Any help is appreciated

I tried to get it to work at first and thought, damn, Microsoft just
missed the boat on it.  Here is the skinny.

Add the coolbar to your form.  Set its align proper to align to the
top of the form.

After doing this right click on it and choose the second tab to add or
remove panes.

Once this is done add a couple of toolbars from the common controls.

Then copy those toolbars and paste them into the coolbar control.  It
is a container object.

Once done bring up properties for the coolbar again and on each page
click the "Child" dropdown and select which toolbar will be the child
of the panel that you have active.  After you complete this for each
of the toolbars you should have a coolbar that functions like IE's
coolbars.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Mon, 26 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. compare 3rd party coolbar controls vs VB6 coolbar???

2. MOuse pointer disappears in VB6 when using coolbar

3. Coolbar Example Attached.. - coolbar.zip (1/1)

4. Coolbar Code example - coolbar.zip [01/01]

5. Coolbar Code example - coolbar.zip [01/01]

6. Adding a menubar to a coolbar (VB6)

7. Coolbar in VB6

8. Coolbar Bug - VB6(not SP1)

9. Coolbar, Excel and VB6