Sound API for 16-bit VB4?
Author Message
 Sound API for 16-bit VB4?

I'm doing a program for win 3.1, and I don't want to use the mmcontrol.
Is there something similar to sndPlaySound for 16-bit?  Thanks.

Tue, 14 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Sound API for 16-bit VB4?

You might have to look around a bit but, I believe
it's in the MMSYSTEM.dll. It uses similar calls but
instead of calling winmm.dll ,, you call MMSYSTEM
for 16 bit Windows.
There's some older books out (might still be on bookstore shelves)
that cover this.
james

Quote:
> I'm doing a program for win 3.1, and I don't want to use the mmcontrol.
> Is there something similar to sndPlaySound for 16-bit?  Thanks.

Tue, 14 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Sound API for 16-bit VB4?

: I'm doing a program for win 3.1, and I don't want to use the mmcontrol.
: Is there something similar to sndPlaySound for 16-bit?  Thanks.

There is exactly that.  It looks like this:

Declare Function sndPlaySound Lib "MMSYSTEM.DLL" (ByVal lpszSoundName As Any,_
 ByVal wflags%) As Integer
    Global Const SND_SYNC = &H0
    Global Const SND_ASYN = &H1
    Global Const SND_NODEFAULT = &H2
    Global Const SND_LOOP = &H8
    Global Const SND_NOSTOP = &H10
--

Tue, 14 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. QB 4.5 to VB4-16 Bit Sound

2. Calling 16 bit DLL from VB4 16 bit in Win 95

3. Russian(Cyrillic): vb4 32-bit works, but vb4 16-bit doesn't

4. VB4 and 16-bit API

5. VB4 16-bit Registry API...

6. GetVolumeInformation API with VB4 16 bit

7. Passthrough queries fail in 16-bit VB4, succeed in 32-bit

8. HELP: VB4-16 bit to VB5-32 bit problem

9. VB4.0 - 16 bit and 32 bit

10. VB4 16-bit vs 32-bit

11. VB4 16-bit vs 32-bit